'68 BSA Victor Build..... Bloody 'el mate... You 'effin daft or sommat?!?

A full coat of epoxy primer, Two.... well, you guys know the drill. ;)

1668912376200.png

1668912400285.png

1668912424029.png

If I bought that lot, would need to add over £100 in VAT.

I always like to to think, it's not whether all those parts are cheap or expensive, but the amazing thing is that parts for old motorbikes which went out of production decades ago are still available. Bikes were not produced in the same huge numbers as cars. We should all be pleased that a number of traders such as Feked, Hitchcocks, Burton bike bikes and the others choose to soldier on carrying large stocks of obsolete stuff to cater for our needs. There must be much easier ways to make a living.

Last edited:
My mistake, sorry. :redface: I bought lots of Sherpa T parts from In Motion in the UK and thought they added a Vat, nope just shipping.
Looking good Jim, glad your working on the BSA again.
No worries, just to make sure that anyone who gets charged VAT on an export knows they've been screwed. It's happened before, and will happen again. Sometimes it is accidental, but sometimes I'm damned sure it isn't.

No worries, just to make sure that anyone who gets charged VAT on an export knows they've been screwed. It's happened before, and will happen again. Sometimes it is accidental, but sometimes I'm damned sure it isn't.
Iirc... first time I ordered, soon as I put my address in, the VAT disappeared out of the basket. Was automatic.

Yeah as I recall about any fall would tweak the peg brackets, especially on the models that didn't have folding pegs. The tapered attachment lug on the frame for the peg was only brass welded and had one break the weld and spin out of position once and had a buddy braze it back correctly.

I was just thinking about how your swingarm was twisted and your foot peg mount was bent and I remembered something I did to my Honda XL250 I had as a teenager. I was riding this loop that had a jump in one spot, and I kept hitting that jump harder trying to get more air. Finally I really goosed the throttle and yanked up on the handlebars and brought the bike up almost vertical and landed nearly straight up and down without much forward momentum. 😄 I bent the foot pegs back toward the rear wheel pretty bad on that one. It made me wonder if someone didn’t jump that old Victor and do the same. I seem to remember it was stripped for dirt riding and had knobby tires on it when you bought it.
CB3CE662-EB81-4F5C-AA43-E5D6A1550076.jpeg

Feked parts showed up today. The rims come in 3 flavors, budget stainless, premium stainless and chrome. The budget ones were 60 quid cheaper than the others. They say they're not polished to a "high luster."

1669419805524.png

Been second guessin' myself ever since. Yeah, I saved 150 bucks but was worried I'd wear myself out polishing 'em.
No worries after all. I'll polish 'em a bit but they're already pretty close to a finished shine.

1669420164542.png

And the paperwork lists England as country of origin and country of manufacture. Not a Chinese piece in the lot.

Back