'68 BSA Victor Build..... Bloody 'el mate... You 'effin daft or sommat?!?

I’m still figuring out details about this bike, do I understand correctly that there were different barrel designs?

Yeah, some models were plain iron bores and some had chrome bores. Haven't dug deep enough yet to know which is which. I believe square or round refers to the fins. If that's correct, this one's a square barrel.

Found an interesting discussion on Britbike.com re: square barrels vs round

https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=413963

I have two 441's that ate my brain
Nice!
thumbsup.gif

What's that fairing off of?

I envy you Jim, looking to build a 250 based Vintage tracker to play with myself. Had several when I was young and still have all the special tools.

You know I was interested , for a while, in building a little 250 Tiger Cub, but damn! They’re almost as expensive as a full size street bike. :confused:

I had 2 cubs. My 2nd m/c was a '58 with a '59 engine..:cool:. It actually was a former desert racer with Joe Hunt magneto and polished rocker arms. Learned lots about Triumph transmissions :( My 2nd Cub was the last year 1967, bought it in '78 from the original owner with 708 miles. I sold it to a friend who still has it.
Yup, the '68-'71 250 single was really not a cub, the model was a TR25W which we called the twud...it was a POS then and prolly still is, BSA had an almost exact model. Like Mailman says, I can't believe the 'asking' price for those.:umm:

The TR250 was a rebadged BSA B25. Basically the 441 chassis and running gear with less HP but not a bad bike. They had a penchant for floating exhaust valves though if reved too high and they would rev. Unlike the 350, 441 and later 500 you could adjust valve lash though in about 5 minutes, eccentric rocker shafts, no fiddling with little wrenches and tappet screw adjusters.
I might add it's the same idea HD later used on the XR750

Last edited:
So, a bit closer inspection shows why the left sidecover is missing. The 3 mounting tabs are missing. Actually looks like, for whatever reason, they've been cut off. Dana.. @Scripto VU ... any chance you can give me some pics of those tabs off one of your frames?
At your convenience.... no rush.

Thanks Dana!

Well crap. Noticed the capacitor when I picked up the bike and figured someone did the battery delete mod. Didn't realized they deleted all the bracketry that holds the battery too. :banghead:

Missing battery shelf.jpg

Back