'74 DT250 Bitsa. The "Aussie Mutt."

Although I have a rather extensive collection of vintage metric fasteners, I don't seem to have these for ya :(
No worries.... just found 'em. Silly me, I was lookin' for a container marked "DT250 triple tree hardware" .... when I shoulda' been looking for the "DT250 triple tree hardware" container .... :er:

:laughing:

1645050200428.png

1645050165780.png

Appreciate the offers. I have a manual... haven't decided what to do about the gauges yet. What are you wanting for 'em?

I better clarify... no need to mull your most generous offer over. What I meant was mull over the direction I want to go with the Mutt.
Didn't mean to come off wrong there...
No point in 'em just sittin' on my shelf.

Here’s the pics. Speedo lens has a mark on it. Both spun up with the drill. Speedo growled at me at first. Maybe needs a lube job.

Attachments

• 2F2838B6-0F7D-41DB-A726-71285A970D80.jpeg
    2F2838B6-0F7D-41DB-A726-71285A970D80.jpeg
    328.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 6B0226A1-BFCC-41D9-AB9A-5AED0A5167C1.jpeg
    6B0226A1-BFCC-41D9-AB9A-5AED0A5167C1.jpeg
    337.4 KB · Views: 99
The gauges will need some attention. Tried with the drill again. There’s a metal shroud for an indicator light in the tech that’s come loose. That should be fished out. The speedo operation is not 100%. Doesn’t spin up right away if you put it down for a bit. Again probably needs a lube job.

I came across this rubber supplier. Specifically for Yamaha enduro's from DT1 to YZ models...............probably a bit late but better late than.........

http://www.kdirepros.com/default.asp

"It is our goal to supply Yamaha Enduro enthusiasts with parts that are either very hard to find or completely obsolete at a price that makes restoring one of these timeless machines affordable and fun!

In the coming months and years, we plan to release a steady stream of parts that have become obsolete for enduro models starting from the 1968 DT-1 on up into the YZ models and beyond.

We feel the recent surge in the popularity of these models is going to continue to grow and we want to be your supplier of high quality reproduction Yamaha Enduro parts."

Ordered some parts for the Mutt.... that went backorder.
Just now catching this build thread: awesome!

I've ordered OEM parts from a certain supplier in GA that will BO parts, give an ETA date, then move it back & back.... If the ETA is more than 2 weeks, they have no idea if it's coming.

I have emailed their CS and cancelled BO items w/ no problems. Then turned-around and ordered them from CMSNL and found items in-stock or BO inside two weeks. Stuff goes from Holland to Paris, to Memphis in 2 days, then to home in typical fashion

Thanks Doug. Bookmarked.
Ordered some parts for the Mutt.... that went backorder.
Soon as they show I'll have a (long overdue) progress report on this project.
I suspect that I am not the only one looking forward to the next chapter in this book...but I guess that your other two-stroke dreamboat is getting all your attention these days...

I suspect that I am not the only one looking forward to the next chapter in this book...but I guess that your other two-stroke dreamboat is getting all your attention these days...
Well I didn't think it worthy of an update, but I'll throw a little bone out there. ;)

Took a trip over to Oz a few weeks back to do some horse-trading with Phil... @halfmile . Came away with a brand new set of scrambler bars.

Work on the basement shop conversion continues. When that's done there'll be more frequent updates.

1665255115751.png

Back