'75 650B Charging System Guidance Needed

What hasn't been done is to reinstall the new Reg/Rect to see if the switch is the culprit to the over charging the Reg/Rect was doing. Until a comparison is made, (before and after), any conclusion is speculation.

@75XSFLORIDA A dirty switch is a common denominator in this thread and your thread

Drop at my brown wire is now only 0.26v…is the switch even worth messing with at that point?? Thats what im battling internally. A quarter volt i think youd admit is extremely minimal. Also, at 3500 rpms max volts are 14.5 now, no matter how high i rev it doenst exceed this number. So add a quarter volt to that and we are at 14.75. Can we live with that?

Gggary made a valid point in your thread and the OP in this thread got his switch voltage drop to 0 after a clean.

You have enough knowledge/information now to make that decision yourself

What hasn't been done is to reinstall the new Reg/Rect to see if the switch is the culprit to the over charging the Reg/Rect was doing. Until a comparison is made, (before and after), any conclusion is speculation.

@75XSFLORIDA A dirty switch is a common denominator in this thread and your thread

"Wouldn’t i have overcharging with OEM mechanical regulator if everything was switch related?? Why do us both have acceptable charging with factory unit and with same non oem one we do not? Why does OEM one not overcharge even IF switch it giving a tad of resistance?"

Hello All
I just got notified of the resurgence of this thread.

75XSFlorida.... cleaning my switch made a difference regarding resistance/voltage drop. I'm glad I was guided to pursuing it. The fellas here were incredibly supportive and helpful to me!

Regarding the Electroport......
I thought I had posted the end of the story, but looking back I don't see it. So I guess I failed.

After numerous conversations and two replacements the Electrosport Technician finally admitted to (after my persistence and insistence) that they had a defective product and my pushing and continually testing caused them to dig deeper. I had suggested they had "bad batch" of units so they went into their inventory and they did indeed discover that they had bad regulators and that in testing older stock compared to the newer stock (which is what they were sending me) they were able to duplicate the issue. They had no way of knowing (or so they said) who else it would effect unless they received complaints and that I was the only one. Really? Hard to believe! So in theory, there's a bunch of these regulators out there that are overcharging batteries and without voltage regulators the owners are unaware.
They sent me a third replacement from older date coded inventory confidently declaring that there'd be no further issues.
Well, that third replacement Electrosport regulator is sitting on the shelf and my bike is motoring along with its original mechanical regulator and a nice little digital voltage regulator showing me that all is good.

I DECIDED TO DO A BIT OF DIGGING TO SHARE MY ELECTROSPORT EXPERIENCE FOR ANYONE ELSE HAVING SIMILAR ISSUES.
THERE HAS BEEN NO EDITING TO ANY OF THESE COMMUNICATIONS - THEY ARE VERBATIM.
I HAVE PUT THEM IN DATE SEQUENCE OLDEST TO NEWEST.
IT'S QUITE A STORY.....

Attachments

• Electrosport Emails.pdf
    583.1 KB · Views: 82
Back