'76 Standard to Street Tracker project revived

gantzcb

XS650 Enthusiast
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
With Travis' help taking me back in the time machine, I found I was discussing this build in May of '09 on 650Rider. In 2011 I purchased "Craig Weeks" CNC head porting with the help of Michael Mercury Morris. I'll jump way ahead to last fall. My son is the UPS driver to Pandemonium. That led me to discuss engines with Daniel. After these discussions last fall I got on his waiting list to build the engine. A 700 cc re-phased engine build is in progress.
I'll post a couple of pictures to this thread tonight, and go back and add more story and pictures as I have time. Thanks for looking
IMG_0467.jpg

May 5, 2009. I have furniture now. The bike is back in the garage. Grandson in the picture in now driving his own truck.​

NGLZ0234.JPG
QXCB2559.JPG

Cylinders and misc. parts have gone through a "vapor cleaning" process

IMG00061.jpg

Fuzzy picture of porting from 2011 is likely from my Blackberry camera.​

With Travis' help taking me back in the time machine, I found I was discussing this build in May of '09 on 650Rider. In 2011 I purchased "Craig Weeks" CNC head porting with the help of Michael Mercury Morris. I'll jump way ahead to last fall. My son is the UPS driver to Pandemonium. That led me to discuss engines with Daniel. After these discussions last fall I got on his waiting list to build the engine. A 700 cc re-phased engine build is in progress.
I'll post a couple of pictures to this thread tonight, and go back and add more story and pictures as I have time. Thanks for lookingView attachment 208426

May 5, 2009. I have furniture now. The bike is back in the garage. Grandson in the picture in now driving his own truck.​

View attachment 208428View attachment 208429

Cylinders and misc. parts have gone through a "vapor cleaning" process​

View attachment 208427

Fuzzy picture of porting from 2011 is likely from my Blackberry camera.​

It's gonna' be awesome! What size rims and tires are in the photo?

Forgive my ignorance… been meaning to ask this to others before but I’ll throw it out here.

What’s the point of a street tracker, in terms of riding stance on the street… on a oval dirt track it makes quite a bit of sense. Once it hits the pavement they lose me.

Anyone???

Forgive my ignorance… been meaning to ask this to others before but I’ll throw it out here.

What’s the point of a street tracker, in terms of riding stance on the street… on a oval dirt track it makes quite a bit of sense. Once it hits the pavement they lose me.

Anyone???
The stance really isn't that much different from stock. The seat is a little lower and the bars are a little wider.

Anyone???
https://images.app.goo.gl/JbZZqm7U4PC1JdN7A
A famous M/C tuner had a rider complaining about bike handling (CycleWorld ~1985 1986). That night the tuner added 2 or 3 inches of butt pad to the seat moving the rider and his weight forward 2 or 3 inches. The next day in lap practice the rider was faster and very happy with his race bike. A small change in body placement can dramatically affect handling.

Last edited:
Back