'76 Standard to Street Tracker project revived

Mega Cycle Cam rephased, Cam being degreed in, engine assembled. Electronics next. Special thanks to Daniel at Pandemonium.
mega cycle cam.JPG

degree wheel.JPG

engine assembled.jpg

46th Georgia,
Pandemonium is doing the assembly.
My son was his UPS driver. He introduced me to Daniel. I delivered the engine to Daniel and took a tour of his shop - a very impressive one man operation.
Are you building a 700 or 750? Also, what are the cam specs and any mods to the head?

Are you building a 700 or 750? Also, what are the cam specs and any mods to the head?
700cc. JE pistons. Daniel said a 700’s are easier on the starter and my leg. Cam is a Megacycle 250-20 hot street. Head is Craig Weeks head - a CNC copy of the head used by Kenny Roberts. In my e-mail conversation with Craig a couple of weeks back, I am the last one to build and fire an engine with one of these heads. I might be one of the first to order one of these head years ago. Carbs are 34’s from 3M. Michael “Mercury” Morris. When in doubt “gas it!”

No you wont be the last to fire up a new build with a Lillie replica head. I have one to go on a motor that is taking forever to build and I think your motor will run before mine.
I like your large degree wheel.

Can you please tell me how a Lillie replica head is different from stock, I’d like to learn. Thanks!

Can you please tell me how a Lillie replica head is different from stock, I’d like to learn. Thanks!
Mailman I dont think this is a hijack to this thread so I will answer. If gantzcb objects I will delete my reply.

The Lille replica head is a copy of the port and valve work carried out by Harry Little in the70's and used on the bikes ridden by Steve Eklund and Scott Pearson.
Craig Weeks who owned the origional Lille head had it CNC mapped and in conjunction with Michael Morse of 650 Central offered a service that you shipped your head off and it was returned with porting , bigger valves + other work.
All it took was $ and a lot of them.
Never the less the head does work, it took our mid field XS sidecar to being the fastest 750 and the occasional podium finish against larger capacity machines.
Best pull on an uncalibrated dyno 77 RWHP using avgas. I am sure gantzcb will be pleased the results.

Mailman I dont think this is a hijack to this thread so I will answer. If gantzcb objects I will delete my reply.

The Lille replica head is a copy of the port and valve work carried out by Harry Little in the70's and used on the bikes ridden by Steve Eklund and Scott Pearson.
Craig Weeks who owned the origional Lille head had it CNC mapped and in conjunction with Michael Morse of 650 Central offered a service that you shipped your head off and it was returned with porting , bigger valves + other work.
Never the less the head does work, it took our mid field XS sidecar to being the fastest 750 and the occasional podium finish against larger capacity machines.
Best pull on an uncalibrated dyno 77 RWHP using avgas. I am sure gantzcb will be pleased the results.

The internal combustion engine is nothing but an air pump, air in, air out as fast and as much as possible. That being said, it takes a lot of knowledge to do head work and it is the single most important and expensive part of a high performance engine. Obviously it should be left to professionals as you can destroy a cylinder head quite easily.

No you wont be the last to fire up a new build with a Lillie replica head. I have one to go on a motor that is taking forever to build and I think your motor will run before mine.
I like your large degree wheel.
Wheel belongs to the builder. I’m sitting here with a big grin learning there is another Lille head not in use. How long have you had it.
I think 46th Georgia best describes this head. Mailman, I guess I can add: guides are shorter, valves are bigger, bowl is reworked, and ports have metal removed.

Last edited:
I just had a look at the box, March 2019. Its still a long way off running but I intend to flow it and compare to a stock head. My flow bench is finished now I just need to get around to doing it. Trouble is I am in interested in too many other things.
Me too. vintage cars, resonator guitar, my H-D, history, geneaology,music in general,midget/sprint/latemodel dirt track racing (we get to watch some from Western Springs BTW)......

I just had a look at the box, March 2019. Its still a long way off running but I intend to flow it and compare to a stock head. My flow bench is finished now I just need to get around to doing it. Trouble is I am in interested in too many other things.
I looked at the picture dates of the head - Jan 2012. Don't know when I ordered it - maybe sometime in 2011.

Back