Reaction score
Shouldn't have, Minneapolis and back.
The hand off.
Gregg with 76.JPG
Too late now.

No title,
He thinks bent valve mebby?
not a beater but far from pristine.
after I got home Gregg called, title showed up in the mail, he's sending it.
Put it on the lift yesterday: chrome freckled bit of rust, scrapes on the painted parts. Mufflers have the usual rust bulge at rear bulkhead.
Brakes work, battery holds a charge, starter cranks it over, set cam chain, valves; RH side 135PSI cold. LH; ZERO.
KIMG1022.JPG
Note the "crank position holder" lash up, TDC on "compression", added air, it goes straight out intake.
note to those that may do this; a compression gauge with the hose and coupler. remove schader valve in end of hose at plug thread. Back off air pressure valve on compressor all the way to zero. Release air pressure in the hose. attach to compression tester coupling. Now SLOWLY dial up air pressure on compressor till you can hear it coming out of the motor go see where it's coming out, intake exhaust or crankcase vent.
Valve seat/face look clean from what I could see with the borescope.
Valve stem probably was sticky, hit piston, bent valve, seen that a few times. it had been through several long hibernations.
Polished up the covers while they were off, It's got 37K showing, so needs a top anyways. Shows Evidence of heavy oil use/leaks. Will button up the motor send it back to the shed for now. Got other fish to fry.
Seems like I always want to do a preliminary evaluation, well now I know. Will think on a course forward.
Guess this is just a placemarker for another ggggGary project. Off to slimy crud.

Last edited:
I have a set of mufflers that are in pretty good shape if they are of any interest.

Pm me if interested and I’ll dig em out and get some good pics and we can work something out.

Back