77 bobber build

Brake line for front, stock length forks and I think the bars are probably fairly close to stock. Any ideas for length, or is there a method to measure them?

Brake line for front, stock length forks and I think the bars are probably fairly close to stock. Any ideas for length, or is there a method to measure them?
I take something like house wiring.... something that will hold it's shape and then position it where I like it. Straighten it back out and measure it. Then I'll usually add 10-20mm just 'cause... :sneaky:

EDIT: with the forks fully extended.

Ok I ordered the brake line and it is close enough for me. Where I got it, it was either this one or one 6" longer. Been super busy at work and then it's 100 degrees when I get home so going out hasn't won out too many times in the last couple months.

I've made a seat pan, but I've got to devise a better way to mount it. I decided to drill and tap holes and just screw it to the frame, but it just isnt working out that well. I will probably just get a seat hinge and go from there.

That being in limbo for the moment I've decided to start looking at electrical. I mounted the old switches, and tried the headlight, but the ears I bought to mount it with are not even close to the correct size even with the included shims. I will have to revisit it as well. I may just buy one of the LED headlights with integrated signals to simplify things. This would leave me making a small electrical hidey hole. I plan on mounting the Reg/Rec up front and possibly making a box to fit where the starter was. I just dont know what all I will have to keep in the new set up and for the life of me I dont know all the electrical parts by looking at them. 20210908_204809.jpg 20210908_204759.jpg 20210908_204751.jpg 20210908_204741.jpg I assume 1 is a regulator, 1 a rectifier, the little black box is charred so I assume it either needs a replacement or isnt too terribly important. The last, is up in the air for me as well.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Dave.

I believe the first pic (little black charred box) is a light checker of some sort.
Second (green resistor on the side) is the voltage regulator.
Next is the safety relay (starter cutout)
Last looks homemade to me.... like a 1 phase, full wave rectifier. Dunno.... :umm:

So if you're correct on the first three I don't need any of them. I bought a 4 fuse "panel" hoping to simplify things down enough to use it. The original fuse panel disintegrated a long time ago so I'm unsure of the fuse count.

Unless you're running a PMA, you'll need the regulator, or a replacement of some sort.
I like having the starter safety relay just because it prevents accidental activation while the engine's running.
Unless you're going kick only?

PMA and kick only (at least that's the current plan. I plan on getting everything dialed in using a 12v Milwaukee battery. Then going to capacitor.

Ok I ordered the brake line and it is close enough for me. Where I got it, it was either this one or one 6" longer. Been super busy at work and then it's 100 degrees when I get home so going out hasn't won out too many times in the last couple months.

I've made a seat pan, but I've got to devise a better way to mount it. I decided to drill and tap holes and just screw it to the frame, but it just isnt working out that well. I will probably just get a seat hinge and go from there.

That being in limbo for the moment I've decided to start looking at electrical. I mounted the old switches, and tried the headlight, but the ears I bought to mount it with are not even close to the correct size even with the included shims. I will have to revisit it as well. I may just buy one of the LED headlights with integrated signals to simplify things. This would leave me making a small electrical hidey hole. I plan on mounting the Reg/Rec up front and possibly making a box to fit where the starter was. I just dont know what all I will have to keep in the new set up and for the life of me I dont know all the electrical parts by looking at them. View attachment 197861 View attachment 197862 View attachment 197863 View attachment 197864 I assume 1 is a regulator, 1 a rectifier, the little black box is charred so I assume it either needs a replacement or isnt too terribly important. The last, is up in the air for me as well.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Dave.

do you have an integrated headlight that your looking to use?

if it really needs to work, I’d suggest spending the money on a nice high end one. Unless you live in a well lit city.

I have a cheap one on a little cafe bike and while it certainly turns on and flashes, I wouldn’t want to be depending on it at night for more than a few minutes, and definitely not at high speed. It would be hard to see a deer.

I haven't really decided on a headlight yet. I'd almost rather just find some headlight mounts that actually fit. I think the ones I have may benefit from shortening the screws, there is still a gap so they may tighten up a touch yet.

Looks to be a resistor of some sort... dunno what for.:umm:
1.8Ω

Untitled.png

I guess it would help to look at an original diagram. I'll pull my head out of my butt one of these days. Appears to be a resistor for the light checker. Which is the charred specimen in the above picture.

20210910_205837.jpg

Back