79 Whirring sound !!!!!!

Hi Mate,
It don’t sound good, mine had the same sound and the two middle main bearings were shot with a 1mm run out on the crank.
I’m afraid it sounds like a full strip down😞
Tony
Tony,
looks like it, I am getting in touch with my local Yamaha dealer (Webb's of Lincoln) for availability yam aha gasket set as well and I may as well change the lot crank cam & clutch

Hi Mate,
It don’t sound good, mine had the same sound and the two middle main bearings were shot with a 1mm run out on the crank.
I’m afraid it sounds like a full strip down😞
Tony
Tony,
looks like it, I am getting in touch with my local Yamaha dealer (Webb's of Lincoln) for availability Yamaha gasket set as well and as well change the all the bearings crank cam & clutch

Not knowing how Many Oil wells or so You Own
But be prepared .. A dealer Mech + work and parts--- speaking only n.b only crank
Would be surprised if it is under $ 1500 US . If they take it at all. Some are into Selling and Buying mostly.

Perhaps a winter job at a senior " Enthusiast " is something to consider .Or doing it yourself

Adding to this once in there other jobs would be the normal way . Perhaps Pistons and Bore

Cranks can be Found ---> please note there exist different types and note exchange
And someone can rebuild the one you have .But last time i Checked the work cost made the exchange the
best option , depending on how well you know the shops and what needs to be done. And what class job.

https://www.xs650shop.de/en/crankcase/1195/crankshaft-533-at?number=39-5328

Tony,
looks like it, I am getting in touch with my local Yamaha dealer (Webb's of Lincoln) for availability yam aha gasket set as well and I may as well change the lot crank cam & clutch
Hi Mate,
I did not know you were in the uk ?
Have you tried Smed Speed you need to type in Smedspeed.co.uk
He is based in Devon and is rebuilding a crank for me at the moment, and supplying all the parts for my engine rebuild.
Let me know if I can help out anymore?
Tony

Hi Mate,
I did not know you were in the uk ?
Have you tried Smed Speed you need to type in Smedspeed.co.uk
He is based in Devon and is rebuilding a crank for me at the moment, and supplying all the parts for my engine rebuild.
Let me know if I can help out anymore?
Tony
Tony I know Rick of smedspeed, I have just fitted one of is sump filter conversions "Nice"

Back