'79 XS650 Build project.

Raymond

likes to play with old motorbikes
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Remove the badge, put the side cover face down, ideally on a leather bag full of sand, but failing that whatever you come up with to give support but a bit yielding. Take a small ball-headed hammer and tippy-tap. Maybe some judicious use of wooden drifts too? I'll bet you can bring it to a good enough state. Or at least good enough to add some filler, rub it down and re-paint.

Nothing to lose . . .

2BallCane

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I took my bike for a ride to work yesterday, and this evening after I got home and it has cooled down, I checked my spark plugs to see how my fuel mixture was running. It was a little lean, so I backed out the screw a 1/4 turn on each side, but I then noticed something. I compared the plug to the standard BP7ES and realized that my plugs weren't just resistor type, but didn't have a "P". I have BR7ES instead of BPR7ES, which means my spark plugs do not protrude into the chamber as the stock ones do.

Is this a problem?

I'm willing to get the BPR7ES plugs to test the difference, but the bike runs pretty good as it is, but I haven't ridden it much to know if I am losing power.