80 BS34 carb rebuild

Sundie

Jabroni
Reaction score
So, just a quick "hey, neat huh?" pic post of before and after.

Attachments

• carbs-pre.jpg
    carbs-pre.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 159
  • carbs-middle1.jpg
    carbs-middle1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 154
  • carbs-post1.jpg
    carbs-post1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 187
  • carbs-post2.jpg
    carbs-post2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 160
Niiiiiice...Sundie.....what was that address ? I'll send ya mine....LOL.....you don't even need to paint them...ha ha.....great lookin rebuild.....Kev.

Well, i'm already doing someone else's from the site. Just got them today, so i'm busy for the next couple of days on those (he just wants a clean and r&r, no fancy painting crap) but i'm free after that i believe. PM me if you're interested.

Basically, for $50, you get
1 - teardown/inspect
2 - cleaning
3 - a trip to the spa (heated ultrasonic cleaner)
4 - rebuild
5 - tested on an actual working motorcycle (blows my mind how some carb rebuilders just throw it back together and don't test them to make sure they're good)
6 - brake cleaner/blown out/wd-40'd for ship back you you.

Any shipping is on top of this, of course. (Sorry Alfred - i *told* you to use FedEx :doh:)

If you're lucky, that's all you need. But let me assure you: you're almost never that lucky. :D Something will have to be replaced, be it jets (that i either can't see the sizes on, or are wrong, and almost always a good idea anyway), slides (slides themselves are usually okay, it's the diaphrams that go), sometimes silly things like a broken/stripped screw. I can't really quote without seeing/tearing them down - aside from saying "minimum $50, and the sky's the limit", though you're theoretically limited to about $200 of parts, if you replace *everything* except the bodies and bowls and butterfly shafts (which you can't do most of the time anyway). Paint is not guaranteed past "it was pretty when it got to you", although i do my best to make it durable.

I also only do this for fun. So i'll try to make your turnaround quick, but i'll let you know ahead of time if it's not going to be.

Back