For Sale - '81 special front and rear fenders

Travis

Forum Staff
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
edit: I originally had these advertised as coming off '78 but they are off an '81

Front fender has some road rash on the front lip and a crease which you should be able to see in the pictures. It might be good to cut up and use as a rear fender on a chopper. Light surface rust underneath. $20 shipped to the lower 48 states (shipping is going to be about $13-14 so I’m asking $6-7 for my time)

The rear fender has some slight pitting in the chrome but is straight and the license plate light works. Light surface rust and grime underneath. $35 shipped to the lower 48 states.

front01.jpg

front02.jpg

rear01.jpg

rear02.jpg

Rear fender is a 1980 or newer...78-79 Special,and 80 Special II had a 4 bolt mount for the taillight. Darn shame,as I am looking for a nice rear fender for my 1978 XS650 Special. DOH!!!

Really? shit.. I did have some parts from an 80 or 81 special. I wonder if that front fender is from the same bike.

I must have a 78 fender somewhere. I try to look for it tonight or tomorrow.

No hurry,just shot my budget on set of bronze swingarm bushings. Thanks for your consideration,and keep up the good work with this site!

Well here's the other fender I have. I don't know what to tell you about it not having 4 bolts to hold the license place light on it. I swear one of these is off a 78, but maybe it wasn't original to that bike. This one is a little nicer than the first one I posted. $35 shipped to the lower 48. The license plate light works. The bottom is dirty but not rusted. It will clean up nice.

Attachments

• fenderrear01.jpg
    fenderrear01.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 268
  • fenderrear02.jpg
    fenderrear02.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 262
So I guess that bike that I have all these parts to that I thought was a 78 is actually an 81... :doh: So now I have two 81 rear fenders and at least one front to sell.

No, sorry.. It shouldn't be too hard to find one on the internet though if you're just trying to get an idea of what a stock fender looks like. If you want to see one of those exact rear fenders on the bike they came off, I don't have any pictures.

Back