A quick Rotor question

BarrieC

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Afternoonn Guys,
1980ish XS650
Looking for other bits in the multitude of spares that came with my dismantled bike, i found a Stator with pick-ups on it for TCI (did not know i had this).
The bikes wiring loom, had the TCI box and the Rectifier/Regulator fitted (as per picture).
Correct if im wrong, but the bike should be TCI ignition, combined Rec/Reg etc
However the only Rotor i have is the one pictured - question: is this the one for TCI ?
I've read up on the excellent Gonzo ignition project, so i do have options if its not the correct rotor - I also have all the parts to get it running on points as a starting point
Thanks

PS Nearly got the XS750 front end fitted! thanks for the tips on shims - should have a write up complete in a week or so

Attachments

• XS650 Rotor.jpg
    XS650 Rotor.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 111
Afternoonn Guys,
1980ish XS650
Looking for other bits in the multitude of spares that came with my dismantled bike, i found a Stator with pick-ups on it for TCI (did not know i had this).
The bikes wiring loom, had the TCI box and the Rectifier/Regulator fitted (as per picture).
Correct if im wrong, but the bike should be TCI ignition, combined Rec/Reg etc
However the only Rotor i have is the one pictured - question: is this the one for TCI ?
I've read up on the excellent Gonzo ignition project, so i do have options if its not the correct rotor - I also have all the parts to get it running on points as a starting point
Thanks

PS Nearly got the XS750 front end fitted! thanks for the tips on shims - should have a write up complete in a week or so
No, that's not a TCI rotor.
Yes, you can turn it into one.
You might want do test it first or you'll just be wasting your time.
If you want an actual TCI rotor, have a read here.

Thanks Jim,
I was afraid, that might be the case - I'm in Norfolk in the UK, originally from Liverpool (thats why I sound strange on my posts), so rewind or even secondhand from US is not practical.
We just dont have the same level of Auto type services over here that we used too
Soon as that front end is on, I will sort the Wheat from the Chaff, with what i have in ignition and charging and take it from there
Thanks for, the advice

Barrie

Thanks Jim,
I was afraid, that might be the case - I'm in Norfolk in the UK, originally from Liverpool (thats why I sound strange on my posts), so rewind or even secondhand from US is not practical.
We just dont have the same level of Auto type services over here that we used too
Soon as that front end is on, I will sort the Wheat from the Chaff, with what i have in ignition and charging and take it from there
Thanks for, the advice

Barrie
Oops... my bad. I normally look to see where folks are from before commenting.
...and you don't sound strange to me. Spent a large part of my life in England (The Midlands).
Best of luck.

Back