A ripp'n hardtail bobber build from a seized, desert rat: CALLING ALL DESTROYERS

Damn.. Wish I got a 73 frame.

In CA.
Turn signals are not required on a motorcycle built and first registered prior to Jan. 1, 1973. Unless your custom is built from a pre-1973 motorcycle turn signals will be required, front and rear:

In CA.
Turn signals are not required on a motorcycle built and first registered prior to Jan. 1, 1973. Unless your custom is built from a pre-1973 motorcycle turn signals will be required, front and rear:

That's the law in many states, it's just that only about 16-18 states still require safety inspections so in the other states no one is actually checking. Of course, as you know, California is one of those 16-18 states that still does inspections. And here in NC, while '73 and later are required to have turn signals, our inspections are farmed out to private companies (garages, dealerships, etc...) so it's really easy to get around. Unlike California, Delaware and others where real DMV officers do the safety inspections.

Dude I started reading this thread on my phone last night at 2 am and didn't stop until it was done and then realized it was 8 am !!! Hahaha! Best most informative complete build I've come across on this site. Hands down no question,and very humble as I'm sure it was a humbling experience. So many great pictures of the build and sick inspiration bikes, I fuckin love the video with Jeremy Jones shit is awesome, he's riding that chop around like he stole it and he on a bmx bike!!!! Also can't thank you enough for the link to the Orange chopper with the zx6 front end and rear tire! Soooooo sick!!! My next build is gonna be similar in nature for sure....
Anyway stellar job on "Calling all destroyers" great vision and execution of your design. Going to have to read this thread again just to try and retain all the information that I crammed in my brain last night. enjoy scaring the public is you blast through them splitting lanes like nobody's business....

man thats the best compliment ever
thanks dude. if you find yourself in LA hit me up and lets rip!

Dude I started reading this thread on my phone last night at 2 am and didn't stop until it was done and then realized it was 8 am !!! Hahaha! Best most informative complete build I've come across on this site. Hands down no question,and very humble as I'm sure it was a humbling experience. So many great pictures of the build and sick inspiration bikes, I fuckin love the video with Jeremy Jones shit is awesome, he's riding that chop around like he stole it and he on a bmx bike!!!! Also can't thank you enough for the link to the Orange chopper with the zx6 front end and rear tire! Soooooo sick!!! My next build is gonna be similar in nature for sure....
Anyway stellar job on "Calling all destroyers" great vision and execution of your design. Going to have to read this thread again just to try and retain all the information that I crammed in my brain last night. enjoy scaring the public is you blast through them splitting lanes like nobody's business....

just wanted to share that i was able to hang out at falcon motorcycles shop this weekend.

http://www.falconmotorcycles.com

apparently LA is way smaller than i thought we have some mutual friends that shared images of my bike with them. after seeing the bike they invited me over to hang.

they are really nice and generous and it was great being in the company of such talented bike builders with an eye for detail and taste. it was really awesome!

That's the law in many states, it's just that only about 16-18 states still require safety inspections so in the other states no one is actually checking. Of course, as you know, California is one of those 16-18 states that still does inspections. And here in NC, while '73 and later are required to have turn signals, our inspections are farmed out to private companies (garages, dealerships, etc...) so it's really easy to get around. Unlike California, Delaware and others where real DMV officers do the safety inspections.

uhhhhhhm since when does CA do safety inspections? i've been owning and riding here for almost 30 years and i've NEVER had a safety inspection done. not once and never even been requested to have one done.
:shrug:

uhhhhhhm since when does CA do safety inspections? i've been owning and riding here for almost 30 years and i've NEVER had a safety inspection done. not once and never even been requested to have one done.
:shrug:

I guess I'm confusing California's emission inspections with safety inspections.

Here in North Carolina some counties have emission inspections, some don't but they are done as part of the safety inspection if required. I live in Guilford County where emissions inspections are required but emissions are not required in Rockingham county (next county north) Rockingham County residents can have their vehicles inspected in Guilford County but Guilford County residents cannot have their vehicles inspected in Rockingham County UNLESS the vehicle is so old it does not require an emissions inspection.

PS. According to the AMA, Motorcycle Safety Inspections are required in California http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/Rights/State-Laws.aspx?stateid=5 But I don't know

Last edited:
I guess I'm confusing California's emission inspections with safety inspections.

Here in North Carolina some counties have emission inspections, some don't but they are done as part of the safety inspection if required. I live in Guilford County where emissions inspections are required but emissions are not required in Rockingham county (next county north) Rockingham County residents can have their vehicles inspected in Guilford County but Guilford County residents cannot have their vehicles inspected in Rockingham County UNLESS the vehicle is so old it does not require an emissions inspection.

PS. According to the AMA, Motorcycle Safety Inspections are required in California http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/Rights/State-Laws.aspx?stateid=5 But I don't know

Not to jack the man's thread but there is info here that needs to be clarified and might be helpful.
the AMA link says this,
"Periodic Safety Inspection
Required by law - random"
Random is pretty vague but does not mean that they will pick ppl to inspect out of a hat or by some computer generated lottery system. the only time a bike needs to be inspected is if it's:
  1. a special construction and has never been registered
  2. has not been registered or non-opped for a number of years and has fallen out of the data-base
  3. has a salvaged title with lapsed registration.
basically any time the bike requires "new" registration, not transfer title/registration.

And as of now NO bike requires emissions testing. going to be messy when we finally do need to gett'm sniffed.

Not to jack the man's thread but there is info here that needs to be clarified and might be helpful.
the AMA link says this,
"Periodic Safety Inspection
Required by law - random"
Random is pretty vague but does not mean that they will pick ppl to inspect out of a hat or by some computer generated lottery system. the only time a bike needs to be inspected is if it's:
  1. a special construction and has never been registered
  2. has not been registered or non-opped for a number of years and has fallen out of the data-base
  3. has a salvaged title with lapsed registration.
basically any time the bike requires "new" registration, not transfer title/registration.

And as of now NO bike requires emissions testing. going to be messy when we finally do need to gett'm sniffed.

Thanks for the clarification. And yes, it will be a nightmare when the finally add the sniffers just like it was for hot rodders with cars.

Man how did I miss this I am in awe! I just read the entire thread has to be one the best threads for the history book absolutely.....Rippin Shit Dude! Your shop from the outside looks like the place where I bought my bike from a guy named Justin Haas had a space in a area, same place maybe??

Last edited:
calling all destroyers loose on the streets of downtown los angeles, not legal, not caring, but really enjoying life:

i love how you sit "up" in the bike. real aggressive without being a "cafe" style that bike looks even better with a person on it then setting still... and it looks pretty badass sitting still... i do like it more now with the wider rear tire and AVONS then before. the modern rubber matches the rest of the build (like the headlights) better than the old school did.... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
not sure about the capris on a dude though hahaha (just messing with ya)

Last edited:
Very cool. I saw the pic above and had to know what kind of tire that was on a 21" wheel, i went back to the first page and come to find out that the info i wanted was on the 22nd lol. It was worth it going back through the pages though, very informative and good pics!!

Back