A very expensive dog.

toglhot

First class butcher.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Dropped little Alice of at the Vet this morning, just picked her up this afternoon. Two large, rear molars out, scale and clean, Fentanyl patch and chest xray = $1700. Poor Alice can't have too many teeth left, I reckon she must have had 15 teeth out by now. Eyesight and teeth have been this poor girl's bane. Little dogs always seem to have a problem with teeth, both Dennis and Toby before her had multiple teeth pulled and yet all have been fed Dentabones, TD Dental Care Biscuits and raw bones. This picture is of our last Dog, Dennis, just a few days before he was put to sleep. Dennis developed Alzheimer's or a brain tumor they think, he lost his marbles running around the house in a mad panic trying to escape I think. He was quite elderly by this time and I was worried he'd have a heart attack, so I called out the Vet late on a Sunday night and had her put him down. Dennis went deaf 12 months before, I don't think the lack of auditory stimulation helped. He lives on in our bookcase next to Toby in a nice rosewood box with his collar and a St Roch medal the neighbours presented us with.

Attachments

• 10998017_1603151966611510_2037026421947872743_o.jpg
    10998017_1603151966611510_2037026421947872743_o.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 11722556_1603152649944775_8687892273812143567_o.jpg
    11722556_1603152649944775_8687892273812143567_o.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 82
Dropped little Alice of at the Vet this morning, just picked her up this afternoon. Two large, rear molars out, scale and clean, Fentanyl patch and chest xray = $1700. Poor Alice can't have too many teeth left, I reckon she must have had 15 teeth out by now. Eyesight and teeth have been this poor girl's bane. Little dogs always seem to have a problem with teeth, both Dennis and Toby before her had multiple teeth pulled and yet all have been fed Dentabones, TD Dental Care Biscuits and raw bones. This picture is of our last Dog, Dennis, just a few days before he was put to sleep. Dennis developed Alzheimer's or a brain tumor they think, he lost his marbles running around the house in a mad panic trying to escape I think. He was quite elderly by this time and I was worried he'd have a heart attack, so I called out the Vet late on a Sunday night and had her put him down. Dennis went deaf 12 months before, I don't think the lack of auditory stimulation helped. He lives on in our bookcase next to Toby in a nice rosewood box with his collar and a St Roch medal the neighbours presented us with.
I know the hurt wallet syndrome regarding pets. As owners we get the loyalty & companionship of the animal; the financial winner is always the VET!

My English Bulldog, Winnie, just hit the $12K mark for emergency vet bills this week, as we had a lump removed to test for cancer. Other significant invoices included dental (like Alice), three eye surgeries and an attack from a larger dog.

By comparison, she's been relatively affordable, as my last Bully had over $60K racked up by the time he passed.

If you are ever considering owning a bull breed, the first thing you buy is comprehensive insurance. It is worth every penny.

My English Bulldog, Winnie, just hit the $12K mark for emergency vet bills this week, as we had a lump removed to test for cancer. Other significant invoices included dental (like Alice), three eye surgeries and an attack from a larger dog.

By comparison, she's been relatively affordable, as my last Bully had over $60K racked up by the time he passed.

If you are ever considering owning a bull breed, the first thing you buy is comprehensive insurance. It is worth every penny.

Gotta love them at that price.

Try to do what i did with my dog...............A Tax deductible guard dog.

As a carpenter i used tool boxes on the back of my ute so the dog was allowed. If i had used a lockable trailer for my tools then i couldn't claim the dog.

All his expenses i claimed from shampoo, nail clippings and ribbons for his hair.

As a carpenter i used tool boxes on the back of my ute so the dog was allowed. If i had used a lockable trailer for my tools then i couldn't claim the dog.

All his expenses i claimed from shampoo, nail clippings and ribbons for his hair.
guard dog with hair ribbons .. lol ...sorry couldnt help myself:yikes: ...:doh:

Blimey Doug that's a genius tax dodge!
I' have a Ute; better get a dog!:lmao:

Back