AACME Annual Show - April 9

Superb!!! Well deserved guys - so pleased for all of you! I think I can speak for XS'ers all over the danged world, that we're envious of you for having a fun day on your bikes and really delighted that Daniel (may) have gotten his danged rectifier problem sorted out!

Now, you boys put your toys away and get washed up - supper is nearly ready and we're havin' punkin' pie....

Gramma_Walton.jpg

Who says guys who ride motorcycles don't have a sense of fun...?

....and Daniel - enjoy the moment.

After all my friend, you're a New Yorker and if you can make it there, your can make.....anywhere....:D

As, I think either 2M or 5Twins said a short while ago (with some edits from moi), we're [a bunch of amateurs] riding around on 33-47 year old motorcycles - thus, these bikes are from 1/3 to nearly half a century old and we're often repairing them with used parts or repops of unknown origin....so, there WILL be problems and we WILL solve them, just as you (may) have done. ;)

I just wish I'd been there to see you and Stella come rumbling into the parking lot with those nifty LEDs shining and I would love to have seen the look on Bob's face when he saw that snazzy green ribbon attached to his bike. :bike: If you page back over the last week, neither of those things looked too likely.

Anyhow, just so you know, I'm sitting here working on a darned complicated consulting gig - and living this show vicariously from 2000 miles away was the highlight of my day.

Pete

Last edited:
Max Pete, I saw that burrito and it was huge! Met DanielBlack and Mailman. Great guys with good looking and running bikes. I am impressed with DB's electricals. 4 way running and warning lights. With Stock signal lights! And so neatly done! Saw a LOT of great bikes! It was a good day. Even if I had to take the truck. There's always next year.

Howdy azman - I truly envy all of you! That burrito sounds gooooo-oood.

Yeah - DBs lights are very cool indeed. The functionality he achieved with 40 year old wiring and some modern components is remarkable and the installation is totally factory class. We will have to badger him into putting up a How-To on it with a complete parts list, schematic and photos.

Glad you had fun - get your bike going and the three of you can ride up here for some great beer and Windsor pizza (the best this side of Palazzo!).

Cheers,

Pete

Back