Aftermarket LED turn signal reviews

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just got yet another set of Banggood turn signals in the mail today. May finally have a winner. I've had a small set of their LED signals on madness the last two years but caught flack in group rides that they were hard./impossible to see. This set will be different. (he sez) But they do have some nice features!
You do NOT need a flasher for them to work! Just jumper the flasher to supply steady power through the handlebar TS switch.
"These are bright and work just the way you want. In front the white is on UNTIL the yellow sequential turn signal is activated then the white goes out. When the turn signal is canceled the white comes back on. In the back the bright red brake light strobes for about 2 seconds then comes on solid, the red goes out while the sequential turn signal is activated. Best I've found, big enough to be seen but not too bulky. Can't be beat for this price, I'm ordering three more sets. Wire colors are standard, Black is ground, yellow is turn signal, in back red is brake light, and in front white is steady white light. Leads are decent length covered with a nice weight back sheath, with mini male bullet connectors. My only complaint is they are not visible from the side, the lights/lens are flush in the housing. If they wrapped around the end a bit or had a raised lens/reflector they would be even better. Two Thumbs up."
I'll get a video up showing operation.
turnsigs.jpg
20191106_164545.jpg
20191106_164507.jpg

All four for $10 USD! Left em hooked up to the 12 volt power supply for a 1/2 hour steady no issues.
Anyone else found turn signals they like?

Last edited:
Make sure to rubber mount em as best you can, I found with cheapies, the circuit boards aren't the best and can rattle free. Otherwise I sure like em!!

Let's see a link

Make sure to rubber mount em as best you can, I found with cheapies, the circuit boards aren't the best and can rattle free. Otherwise I sure like em!!
This^ I've had to re-solder my brake light twice since it is mounted to the fender which is frame mounted with no rubber. I need to figure out a rubber isolator of some kind.

these have lived for several years, 6,000 miles? sans rubber mounts
rear turn signals.jpg
front turnsignals.jpg

though they do have slightly flexible stems

Yeah, It's not the turn signals it's my brake light that needs a better isolated mount. The license plate has taken some abuse as well.
IMG_0765.JPG

Yup far end of the rear fender is where the amplitude is highest, need a rubber mount back there. Why my TS plate and taillight are on stock rubber mounts.

these have lived for several years, 6,000 miles? sans rubber mounts
View attachment 153521 View attachment 153522
though they do have slightly flexible stems
I get that the functionality of LED "spears" trumps the OEM signals with 1157-based LEDs, and I'm sure they blend right into the styling on any crotch rocket, but in my eye, they just don't look right on our old Yamahas. To each his own -

I get that the functionality of LED "spears" trumps the OEM signals with 1157-based LEDs, and I'm sure they blend right into the styling on any crotch rocket, but in my eye, they just don't look right on our old Yamahas. To each his own -

Shucks, I'm looking forward to the UFO reports from Baraboo.

Shucks, I'm looking forward to the UFO reports from Baraboo.

I was there this past September - and I sort of wondered why so many Baraboobians (is that the correct term?) were wearing aluminium foil hats....

hmmmmmm.....

Someday I'll share my favorite turn signal of all time, but that would be a little off topic for Gary's thread here. So, I was following another bike while on my daily ride to the diner for breakfast. The rider signaled for a left turn. I was shocked at how noticeable his blinker was. Then I saw that it was one of those dime sized LEDs. I decided to pull into the gas station with him, I needed lottery tickets anyways. I told him how bright and noticeable those little things were. He said that he was glad to hear that from another biker because he had just installed them and he wasn't sure how bright they were. Sorry, didn't ask what brand or where they came from.

Back