Aftermarket Wheels/Brake Configuration

The 1981 model came with a rear drum 16" mag. That would be the easiest swap. The '78-'80 models had a rear 16" disc mag but you would also need all the associated parts and have to do some bracket welding on the frame.

The wheels you have are about the nicest Special spoke wheels out there, in my opinion. Polish up the rims, add stainless spokes, and they would look great. Here's a front I put together recently, new stainless spokes and alloy rim, freshly drilled disc. It looks very nice ......

NewWheelMounted6.jpg

NewWheelMounted5.jpg

I like the size of the wheels now, maybe would think about doing a 20-21 in the front and like an 18 in the rear.

I definitely would like to run mag wheels. like a 5 or 7 spoke.
The simple solution is a rear wheel from a 1981 Special (XS650SH). The matching front wheel may be sourced from any 1978 to 1981 Special. That’s what I did on my bike.
1673380811281.jpeg

But I'd have to do a rear disk conversion which I've never done before
It'd be less than a handful of parts; probably need to weld on mount for master cyl and caliper anchor arm....

Man you don't waste time!

There are several differences in the frame to the standard Voodoo designs, likely full custom by some individual; looks mostly well done:thumbsup:

Back