Allen Millyard insane engine builds

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
In the two stroke memories thread, Signal from New Zealand posted about a one off custom build Yamaha RD700, and it sparked my memories of some other custom engine builds that I had read about.
When I started trying to find articles about them online, one name kept popping up, Allen Millyard.
Google Allen Millyard Kawasaki's and go on YouTube and search Allen Millyard motorcycles and you can see them running and riding.
Just a few,
Kawasaki Z1600 V8
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Kawasaki Z2300 V12
image.jpeg
Various 4 and 5 cylinder two strokes from 850's to 1000cc and well over 120 rear wheel HP
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Then there is the wonderfully bizarre Flying Millyard, V-Twin made from 1930's Pratt and Whitney radial airplane engine jugs and heads, 4,888 cc of fun. You can see multiple videos of this engine starting and the bike going down the road on YouTube.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Or how about a 500 HP Dodge Viper stuffed in an absolutely HUGE MOTORCYCLE! Yup, you can see that one running and riding on YouTube also.
image.jpeg

He is still at it. Check out this video posted just last month on YouTube. A 374cc 6 cylinder motor first start up. It absolutely screams! It looks like some factory race engine Honda would have campaigned in the early 70's. This guy does all his own machine work , builds his own cranks, and his work is amazing. He has several bikes in the world famous Barber motorcycle museum. The guy is a mad genius.

Thanks, Mailman........I had never heard of him, so I have missed sooooo much. until now. I'll find time to watch each and every video he has made.
That Z1600 is the most gorgerous engine ever!

Well I am conflicted over that 48 cylinder. I admire the skill of the makers but cant help thinking that all those motors could have been put to better use.

Quite the piece of technology there but (and I could certainly be wrong here) I don’t think that 48 cylinder machine even has a final drive chain and so does it really qualify as a motorcycle...

....or is it really just a machine for processing gasoline into noise?

IMAG0172.jpg
IMAG0171.jpg
Let's not forget George Pooley. My brother and I met him at a VMCC race meet at Cadwell Park and spent a while talking. He started the Quadrant to show us how smoothly it ran but said it needed some TLC now as it had had a fair bit if use since the build. The OHC fuel injected (his own design) BSA V6 wasnt finished, but wasn't far off. The genuine Rob North frame had been bent a bit in an off at the IOM but he'd straightened it. Amazing, modest engineer and I believe he's built other stuff too.
And here's some pics if I can get my act together....
IMAG0172.jpg
IMAG0171.jpg
IMAG0170.jpg
IMAG0169.jpg
IMAG0168.jpg
IMAG0167.jpg
IMAG0166.jpg
IMAG0165.jpg
IMAG0164.jpg

Back