Alloy Tops for your BS34s

5twins

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, it appears this is possible. I've run across some alloy tops from a late '70s GS425 Suzuki and they're the exact same outside shape, depth, and hole pattern dimensions as the tin tops. It's possible the earlier GS400 and later GS450 tops might work as well. We're going to try them on my buddy's BS34s shortly. His tin tops are all rusty and look like crap.

My local dealer has a few more possible candidates back in his bone yard, an XS400 and an XS750 triple. I'm going to try to get over there this week and check them out.

I think a polished alloy top will really improve the looks of the BS34. I always thought those tin tops looked cheap.

i agree. that would really improve the look of those carbs. especially when out on the open on a chop/bob.

they were chrome. not tin. its just a nickname. like tin cans are not made from tin. the chrome tops look cheap

- these are alloy tops ... from an XS400SE

BvkIzvgB2kKGrHqQOKjYEvmOSR1VHBMFMMf.jpg

The one on my SR had the thick flange like that. I saw alloy ones first, and when I saw chrome ones, I thought they made the alloy one look cheap.

Well, I finally made it over to my dealer's bone yard and checked those other tops. They're the same so they'll work, too. I'm sure there's quite a few others out there from the era (late '70s through early '80s) that will work as well.

Back