Alternative hobby.

Geezus people, give it a rest! Post whatever you like wherever you like.
Done
maxresdefault.jpg

Was going cabin crazy so this just dead ash, on the pasture fence, seemed like good winter exercise.
With a heavy lean and a split trunk, dropping it was a bit of an adventure, but it ended well.
KIMG0480.JPG
Horses helped clean up the brush. Over a couple days they removed a lot of bark, think they get bored with hay.
KIMG0481.JPG
Allison is still on limits from back surgery so I did the splitting. About 2/3 of a cord is stacked where I dropped it, brush piled in the woods, but need to haul the splits to the wood racks for drying when there is less snow.
KIMG0483.JPG

This may be an over-simplification, but as far as hobbies go, I think that motorcyclists in general tend to be more likely to think "outside of the box". I belong to an antique motorcycle club and during our "garage hopping" rides get to see what the other riders are up to. The skill sets you come across are mind-boggling. It doesn't hurt that most own a decent assortment of tools, a garage to hunker down in, are good with their hands, and not afraid to make (inexpensive) mistakes. Beer usually plays a part in the some of the decision making.

To pass the time (long winters here), I enjoy working with aluminum, simple electronics, and trying to teach myself guitar. Throw them all in one pot and this is what I've come out with. Some electric guitar expression pedals. The circuits (schematics are on the net) are clones of popular big name pedals. Best part is that they literally use only a few dollars worth of electronics.

Here's some pics:
View attachment 206141
View attachment 206142
I don't know what effects the Bender and the flat head pedals are but I need them :love:. I suspect the Bender is a Tone Bender Fuzz clone, and the Flat Head is an over drive of some sort? Do you sell them? How do they sound?

Well, that was pretty pointless, the question I asked was directed at Skull. But, I'd already offered a solution in #15

Like I said, by all means post your alternative hobby here. Like I also said, you'll get far more traffic under your own name and heading.

This conversation is going nowhere, so I'll bow out1

BTW, I do hope you look nothing like the character in your profile pic, that would be very unfortunate!

I don't know what effects the Bender and the flat head pedals are but I need them :love:. I suspect the Bender is a Tone Bender Fuzz clone, and the Flat Head is an over drive of some sort? Do you sell them? How do they sound?
Bender is a clone of the Earthquaker Devices Black Ash Fuzz (which I renamed to Shiny Metal Ass Fuzz). It sounds good (but never as good as the Youtube reviews of the real thing of course). It has a toggle switch for bypass, more for looks than anything else, but not an issue with me since my pedal board is relay based. There is room there however to change it to a proper stomp switch. The "flatty" is another Earthquaker, this one is a Westwood Overdrive clone. Sounds like it should. Originally I was going to put a clone into the box that only had 2 pots (to use the 2 positions on the intake manifold), but couldn't think of one that I didn't already have. So went to 4 pots (2 at the rear) with the Westwood. What I should have done is put my EHX Satisfaction Fuzz (2 pots) in there instead. I ended up putting the SF in an old mouse I had kicking around for about 20 years.
I do sell some pedals, mostly locally to people I know. The flathead has way too many hours in it (started out in life as a cpu heatsink) for me to part with, but I may consider parting with Bender (since I have about 5 other fuzzes). Here's a pic of the Satisfaction Fuzz. Sounds great. Simple circuit.

One the wilder side, I've even used an old Ford Distributor Cap for a Blues Breaker clone, but once also held a Frantone CreamPuff fuzz (sold that one to a "car guy" who's also a great guitarist.
m3.JPG

1+2.JPG

Well, that was pretty pointless, the question I asked was directed at Skull. But, I'd already offered a solution in #15

This conversation is going nowhere, so I'll bow out1

BTW, I do hope you look nothing like the character in your profile pic, that would be very unfortunate!
So not only do you seem to object to others posting their hobbies but also someone else trying to enlighten you with a suggestion to your question.

To compound your apparent ignorance you also feel the need to post insults. You will not be missed.

Maybe the thread title should be changed to the............. "Seinfield Alternative hobby thread"..........................Might take a minute but think about it..........

Back