Alternative to earbuds?

For me this struggle is real. I’ve lost two pair of earbuds. Both without a helmet on, so I take the blame. These guys with loud pipes and then put amps on their bikes stereos….when there is a pack of these guys, annoying. This product looks legit. Thanks for posting.

I ride w one ear bud in. Usually the left one for no certain reason. I've inquired ab these typ of systems on here myself. Definitely some guys using them.

I used to remove the speakers from cheap headphones to sew into my full face helmet. They worked great for a while until the GoldWing's stereo would overpower the cheap little speakers. I could have tried resistors of different values but eventually I went back to earbuds and a Sony FM radio for speeds over 50 mph.

Scott

I like the idea of using different helmets and being able to transfer this unit from one to the other easily. I'll be the guinea pig and report back...
Oh and the list price is $179 but your first order is 30% off w/free shipping.

My first thought was it couldn't/wouldn't produce a clear sound using the helmet as an amplifier. .............The lining has to have an effect on the sound quality.........didn't make sense to me.

looked for reviews and came up with a lot of negatives and some positives.........

The odd thing is, (slight of hand), on the Domio site they have had 748 reviews. looking at the reviews posted they have a 4.7 rating out of 5.............pretty bloody good........... until you look at the figures................. that 4.7 is based on 402 reviews out of the 748, where are the other 346 reviews and why haven't they been included in the out of 5 rating......That combined with the other negatives i found i think this product is just plain snake oil.........Very SUS

I reckon that hearing brake squeal &/or aft-approaching vehicle noise is far safer than hearing music or the shrill small voice from the pillion seat.
I'm like Fred, I would rather hear what's going on around me than tunes. Squealing tires, sirens, horns or even tire noise is more important than silence or music to me. I've never rode with ear plugs and never will. I've had plenty of passengers on the back and they were always able to let me know what they wanted me to know.
On 3 different trips around Lake Superior my BMr would develop a whine in the rear of the bike late in the day. Never in the early parts of the day. All 3 times traced it back to the female passenger behind me. Get a girl cold, wet and tired and they start making noises. :laugh:
Stop and give them hot food and a few drinks and they forgive you, also get friendly again.:thumbsup:

I like the idea of using different helmets and being able to transfer this unit from one to the other easily. I'll be the guinea pig and report back...
Oh and the list price is $179 but your first order is 30% off w/free shipping.
Sena does sell additional helmet mounts so you can move the unit from helmet to helmet.

Back