Alternator stator, cant find parts

Tombo14300

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, know there is a lot of info on the PMA alternator kits... but I can't seem to find any of the adaptor plates avaliable for the banshee swap, or even the PMA kits available.... any help? I have a regulator and rectifier already

If you're not the greatest at such things, consider saving yourself a lot of time and money, and keep the stock charging system. It works just fine.
I feel this but mine has died and it seems to be cheaper and better in the long haul to do the conversion

There is a lot of propaganda on the internet designed to make new owners think that they absolutely must swap in a PMA. So, people remove perfectly good stock systems, which means there is a glut of them, and you can replace whatever went bad on yours for cheap. Here is the repair guide:
https://www.xs650.com/threads/expanded-charging-system-guide-in-progress.10561/
If you are electricity-challenged, start a thread saying where you are stuck, and this Forum will help you.

There is a lot of propaganda on the internet designed to make new owners think that they absolutely must swap in a PMA. So, people remove perfectly good stock systems, which means there is a glut of them, and you can replace whatever went bad on yours for cheap. Here is the repair guide:
https://www.xs650.com/threads/expanded-charging-system-guide-in-progress.10561/
If you are electricity-challenged, start a thread saying where you are stuck, and this Forum will help you.
Its a good write up, like I said tho my rotor is dead and to buy a new one of those it's cheaper to get a new system vs getting a used one and take the chance of it failing again in the future... Thanks for the info, will just have to tackle making my own adapter, will not be jb welding that's for sure

@Jim does a rotor rewind for a fair price, but, if you absolutely must have the PMA for some reason TC Bros sells the XSCharge one for $285. If you are also worried about a stock system failing again in the future buy the whole PMA kit instead of trying to go cheap and piecing it together. Your wallet will thank you later

@Jim does a rotor rewind for a fair price, but, if you absolutely must have the PMA for some reason TC Bros sells the XSCharge one for $285. If you are also worried about a stock system failing again in the future buy the whole PMA kit instead of trying to go cheap and piecing it together. Your wallet will thank you later
I have changed and/or fixed just about everything on the bike just not the stator rotor and of course thats the part to fail... bought the parts for the banshee PMA for just under 100 bucks total, and all the OEM rotors were more than that... so as long as I can fab up a adapter plate (seems like all the people that use to make them are out of stock) thanks for the help everyone

Attachments

• 20180604_150610.jpg
    20180604_150610.jpg
    597.5 KB · Views: 67
I was on to the the fabricating thing a while Dont remember exactly .
But found a replacement stock setup.
But if I remember correct it was a plane object with some holes in it as in Mr Skull # 3
the drawing
If you take the drawing to a metal shop or sheet metal shop or blacksmith I cant se it being expensive work.
If you don't want to do it yourself
I bought my Aluminum plate at a salvage scrapyard

Nice scooter. The Banshee should work just fine with your setup with no e start.
The one thing that I think kills quite a few PMA systems is bad grounds on the ground wire from the regulator . It must go to where the battery is grounded because tremendous current can flow from the regulator to ground.

Nice scooter. The Banshee should work just fine with your setup with no e start.
The one thing that I think kills quite a few PMA systems is bad grounds on the ground wire from the regulator . It must go to where the battery is grounded because tremendous current can flow from the regulator to ground.
Thanks, Still have the e start its just hidden, my rotor is shot, test brush points and ohms is low and tested continuity and it screamed at me lol

Led headlight would be your friend in that case.

Looking forward to see how it works out. Have all the banshee parts and the honda scooter parts myself.

You can tell the pioneers by the number of arrows in their backs. ;)

Led headlight would be your friend in that case.

Looking forward to see how it works out. Have all the banshee parts and the honda scooter parts myself.

You can tell the pioneers by the number of arrows in their backs. ;)
Yup, have a headlight and speedometer I haven't installed, led signals on it... has a smaller lithium battery under the seat does really well

Cool. I snagged one for my TXA and I'm collecting pieces to make it happen . I think the drum setup looks cleaner and feels more controllable and less likely to lock.

Back