Another WTF thread

Wingedwheel

If it wasn’t broke before, let me try it…
Top Contributor
Reaction score
As I was perusing my phone settings I happened across a security notice. It advised me that due to a security breach on the following sites my passwords were possibly compromised and I should change them all on the respective sites. The list included probably every site that I have visited for the past 10 years! Lol. So seriously, changing all those would be an impossible task. Has it gotten to where a password amounts to putting a really cheap lock on your house? They only keep honest men honest?

As I was perusing my phone settings I happened across a security notice. It advised me that due to a security breach on the following sites my passwords were possibly compromised and I should change them all on the respective sites. The list included probably every site that I have visited for the past 10 years! Lol. So seriously, changing all those would be an impossible task. Has it gotten to where a password amounts to putting a really cheap lock on your house? They only keep honest men honest?
One of the many reasons I use a flip phone. BTW, the only social media I'm on is here, so my life is simple.

It’s not just social media accts. It’s every site I ever ordered a part from, signed into for info and even the Gov’t sites I’ve used. It’s not my phone it’s how easy it is to hack something.

Seems to be a spate of sucessfull hacks targeting large utility corporations and Gov't departments here in Aus of late.

:yikes:

It’s not just social media accts. It’s every site I ever ordered a part from, signed into for info and even the Gov’t sites I’ve used. It’s not my phone it’s how easy it is to hack something.
Oh, I get that. It's enough to piss you right off though.

just maybe the notice of the hacks is a hack. Get you to change the password while they are looking over your shoulder

I actually have a yahoo mail acct that I only use for fantasy sports. I got a notice there was a password change, so I went and changed it back. This went on for several hours and I changed the password 4 times before the numb-nuts either realized there was nothing there or just gave up. The hackers are all probably sitting at computers in 3rd world countries just following the textbook. One or two main hackers and the drones that just go through the motions after there’s a hit. It wouldn’t surprise me if it was run like an assembly line.

[QUOTE="Wingedwheel, post: 772470, member: . It wouldn’t surprise me if it was run like an assembly line.
[/QUOTE]
...or an automobile warranty scam.

I actually have a yahoo mail acct that I only use for fantasy sports. I got a notice there was a password change, so I went and changed it back. This went on for several hours and I changed the password 4 times before the numb-nuts either realized there was nothing there or just gave up. The hackers are all probably sitting at computers in 3rd world countries just following the textbook. One or two main hackers and the drones that just go through the motions after there’s a hit. It wouldn’t surprise me if it was run like an assembly line.

Law of averages............................like the old saying. If you want sex just ask the next 10 girls you talk to or see. get 9 slaps in the face, but one fuck

Back