Anybody used the HF ultra sonic cleaner?

Actually works pretty well with all the screws, bolts and smallish parts. Mines the small one, about 6"x 3"x 4". The fluid is pretty spendy and it get dirty quick. There are lots of do it yourself recipes all over. I paid 20.00 for mine and have used it multiple times.

#1!!! DO NOT do carbs in a bath ANY bath unless you are removing the butterflies, throttle shafts and throttle shaft seals! Hot bath will trash the seals. Carb baths will trash the seals. You can do a great job cleaning carbs with mineral spirits in a spritz bottle and a tooth brush. then spray carb cleaner though the passageways and on stubborn deposits.
I have the "medium" HF USC, and have done many sets of carbs with the throttle shafts removed.. IMHO the heat does more than the ultrasonic but the ultra sonic does help. I use cheap walmart pine cleaner diluted 50/50 with water. Dump and change often. Don't let the carbs sit too long in the bath or you can blacken the casting, rinse and blow dry them.

I had one that was large enough to do heads and cylinders worked ok but I thought was to slow.. good for small parts and carbs small holes.. As Gary said if you leave in for long time say over night the parts turn grey.. a friend said that was the color of clean aluminum, ? Then I would throw the heads in the bead blaster and brought them back to normal head color. I also have use a soda blaster that works good also, just make a mess.

Back