Anyone in southwest Missouri

Horton

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Anyway just making a first post. Haven’t done anything with bikes in years. Bought a harley road king off a coworker in need of some quick cash and has sparked the fire again. Wanting to revive some old basket case xs 650s I bought 10 years ago. I think they are a 71 and a 74. Had one mostly together when I got married and broke at the same time lol I have a literal metric shit ton of parts the old man I got them off of raced xs hill climb bikes for years. Literally the only thing xs related I didn’t get was his last hill climber bc he wanted 1500 extra. Think I only paid 1000 for all the parts a f150 could handle. Guess that’s just a long winded way to say hi if you local to me reach out we can ride or help each other out. I’m not helpless in need of someone to build my bike I was a harley tech for a couple years. I’ll post pics if there is any body interested I have to have the coolest rat bike tank out there.

Welcome aboard!

Has anyone mentioned we need to see pics?

ttwwp.gif

Was the hill climb bike the one with the super long swing arm that was advertised on CL a few wears ago??

Was the hill climb bike the one with the super long swing arm that was advertised on CL a few wears ago??
Hmmm.. not sure might have been think it was pictured as the main bike he was selling. I was only interested in it for the motor. The swing arm was insane while bike was really. But couldn’t justify it I just wanted the parts to piece together a scrambler for bar hopping. But met my wife so kinda dampened those ideas also the money supply.
If you're interested in stoking the fire and want to meet a few of us face-to-face, we have a rally coming up very soon. It's fine if you ride your Road King.
https://www.xs650.com/threads/may-5th-–-8th-2022-ozarks-rally-vi-mountain-view-arkansas.61362/
Ya I looked at that honestly if I get serious about it I have the one bike close. I did have it fully assembled in factory trim, and running but wasn’t in love with it. Knew it needed some mods for me I really just love the look and feel of the engines. they have the English look without all the headaches. To me these bikes are the perfect poor man’s custom. Plus even though I do love Harley’s I do not love the harley crowd. I just can’t do the clown costumes I ride my bikes to work mostly. And not while pretending to be an outlaw biker.

Back