Anyone use O'Brien Auctioneers LLC before

BowlingSS

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone use O'Brien Auctioneers LLC before?

Attachments

• 01152021 Auction.PNG
    01152021 Auction.PNG
    116.3 KB · Views: 48
How much does eBay charge you to sell a bike, Bill?

When you sell a bike to be shipped do you just have the buyer make arrangements for shipping
As in get your cash via Paypal and your done other than be there when they pick it up

When you sell a bike to be shipped do you just have the buyer make arrangements for shipping
As in get your cash via Paypal and your done other than be there when they pick it up
Buyer makes all shipping arrangement. If they use Paypal you will have to pay a PayPal fee. I have them pay a deposit of $100 and the rest in cash or money transfer before they get the bike. It has worked so far. Good luck. I also use buy it now and/or best offer.

Buyer makes all shipping arrangement. If they use Paypal you will have to pay a PayPal fee. I have them pay a deposit of $100 and the rest in cash or money transfer before they get the bike. It has worked so far. Good luck. I also use buy it now and/or best offer.
Thanks for the info
So your using Pay Pal for the entire fee deposit and final payment ?

The auction sites.... they charge anywhere from 10-23% " commission "... then click on the site and you'll discover the added cost... not always on the face page. There is the title transfer.. at times it's $125.oo... plus a " fee " .. road tax and " fee"... office paperwork " Fee ".... It can easily add up to $300.oo or more. DO Not ask how I discovered this little tidbit... ( insert very PO'd face here )... :mad:

Thanks for the info
So your using Pay Pal for the entire fee deposit and final payment ?
My deposit is usually paid to me from eBay. No fee for this. eBay’s fee is in the posting charge. You pay that even if it does not sell.

My deposit is usually paid to me from eBay. No fee for this. eBay’s fee is in the posting charge. You pay that even if it does not sell.
That should work
I'm going to wait until spring and try Craigslist and push it out to other than my local area
I sold a friends Triumph by putting the CL ad in Chicago
The guy flew from Chicago to Minneapolis borrowed his buddy's truck drove here picked up the bike and then drove it back to Chicago with it
Evidently, he really wanted that bike
I couldn't basically give it away around here (it needed a bunch of work and he was going to make a chopper out of it)

Back