April 13th – 15th, 2017. Ozarks Rally III, Mountain View, Arkansas

Nice rig - is that a Sprinter? Are you able to put the bike on and off by yourself? Very slick indeed!

Great shots of the caverns and the other bikes!

Thanks for sharing...next year! sigh....

I see one of the bikes is running an old Windjammer Quicksilver fairings. I put one on my '78 Yamaha XS750 back in about '79.
It's funny I was just thinking about it the other day, about what a good little fairing it was and how you never see them around.

"Quite a few "mods" to the hitch rack"
Man, should be gggGadget! Momma'd be pretty happy if I were to throw one of those on the old F150. She won't go anywhere near a motorcycle so it sure would be handy for trips! MaxPete I'd make that SE Michigan meet up a whole lot easier lol.

"Quite a few "mods" to the hitch rack"
Man, should be gggGadget! Momma'd be pretty happy if I were to throw one of those on the old F150. She won't go anywhere near a motorcycle so it sure would be handy for trips! MaxPete I'd make that SE Michigan meet up a whole lot easier lol.

Indeed - but c'mon down however - car, bike (old or new) - skateboard....:D

Last edited:
I'll start by saying I had a wonderful time. Zoom Zoom! Great friends in a beautiful place.

gggGary & Grizld1

DSCN5041.JPG DSCN5059.JPG DSCN5074.JPG DSCN5078.JPG DSCN5077.JPG DSCN5072.JPG DSCN5067.JPG DSCN5066.JPG DSCN5061.JPG DSCN5058.JPG DSCN5049.JPG

It seems a shame we can't get more than six bikes at a rally with so many Society members in the Midwest. C'est la vie.

It was a great time for sure, Marty! You know that Sunday thunderstorm I left a day early to avoid? Didn't happen, but the wind beat the hell out of me all the way from Doniphan, MO home.

Re. group size, I'd much rather run with a small group of competent, experienced riders than a big group with a mix including dementoids who should have hung up their helmets 10 years ago, rookies with a need for training that exceeds their need for speed, and competitive twits with something to prove. We had a fine group, and I'll pick that kind of quality over quantity every time.

See you in Dahlonega! Ann and I should get in Thursday midafternoon; if you remember to give me your number, I'll phone.

More XS's would be great at these meet ups but yes 5-6 bikes makes a nice RIDING group. Much larger starts getting awkward.

I see one of the bikes is running an old Windjammer Quicksilver fairings. I put one on my '78 Yamaha XS750 back in about '79.
It's funny I was just thinking about it the other day, about what a good little fairing it was and how you never see them around.
That's my baby - 1981 XS650H - bought the bike new in January of '82 - added the fairing in March '82. Nice little fairing - not too large - cut down the windshield 4" a few years ago to match proportions a little better - sight line now just an inch or so over the top.

Very nice! Yeah they were frame mount just like the bigger Windjammer, so they put no pressure on the handlebars, had a couple convenient storage pockets, and they really cut the wind off of your body.
Nice find and it looks good on your bike!

Back