April 2012 XSOTM resto-mod voting and discussion

Who should be the April XSOTM Resto-mod winner?

• BCThomas

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • TeeCat

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • Rick1450

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • SCHMEEL

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • PA23driver

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
full

rebel shocks added. soon to be new CUSTOM exhaust. install new headlight and taillight, and barend mirrors are in the mail.

btw my b-day was thurs.

Mate, that's a HANDSOME effing bike! :) I love the exhaust you have on there, but it'll be interesting to see what you come up with. That bike is surgically clean. Love it! :)

TC

These are all nice bikes; thought the votes would've been more evenly dispersed for the 5. That being said, I'm waiting anxiously to see who wins!

Great show all!
Teecat, my hat's off to you. IMHO your winning is about your dedication and use/support of the site as well as your fine bike.

full

Not to mention the fine deck it has so often been pictured sitting on!

That bike just screams RIDE ME! And in the end that's what this site is all about.

Skull, Gary, Ed... thank you very much, mates. :) Cheers! :er:

Guys, I just saw this. I'm rarely at a loss for words, but I suppose this is one of those uncommon exceptions. Kind of. :p I suppose there are a number of things that I could say, but it occurs to me that the first should be to offer a sincere "Thank you". I have said before - and I will again - that the time and effort invested in my bike is not mine alone. It would be impossible to name all of the countless people on this board, and its predecessor, who have helped me with my bike since I showed up in August of 2007, neon green and making no secret of it. But each of you knows who you are. Some of you have more of an investment than others, but suffice it to say that if you have ever helped me to ferret out a dead short, root a fuel delivery problem out of a hole, make a cosmetic or functional decision, flush a bad coil out of hiding, offered a word of encouragement, sent me some of your favorite wax for my boots, or dissuaded me from procuring a flamethrower as a permanent solution to a temporary problem, then your name is indelibly "tattooed" on the seat pan of this '73 TX. Three names I must mention, though, are Travis and Russ (?), respectively, who have been kind enough to provide us with this premier XS community and its predecessor, as well as Gary, for hosting and moderating the monthly festivities. That's a lot of work and it should not go unsung. And we can't forget Mike's XS, Hugh, and our other existing and burgeoning parts suppliers and innovators who make it possible for us to keep these twins pounding the hallowed streets!

And let's not forget the other machines that vied for April honors, guys! Congratulations to all four of you! I mean... holy crap! Look at these beautiful bikes! Some, maybe most or all, were once dead, or nearly so. But look at them now! When you consider that this is a truly international community - clearly the most populous and authoritative one of its kind on the web - and when you consider the sheer numbers of XSs and TXs that are being transformed, resuscitated, and reborn on this domain, I suppose that we're all in some fast company. This forum is a really, really deep talent pool! So I feel that those of us who had the honor of being nominated... well, that's the real win, isn't it? Because when you think of it, this poll is much less about being singled out for one reason or other than it is about being invited to stand next to a handful of your "brothers". That's proof positive that you are not merely a member of a community, but a contributor to it. And contributors win by default. Because of communities like this, someone in the States with a question can reach out to someone in Canada or England or Australia who has an answer, and the net result is a classic bike sitting at a light, grumbling impetuously through her shorties, instead of rotting in a barn or rusting in the rain. I mean... how cool is that? Guitarist Andy McKee plays an original instrumental piece called "Friend I Never Met". It plays in my head when I think of the young people I work with on my own forum, and I think of it when I'm here.

So thanks sincerely, guys, for the nomination, and for the votes, but more than that, for all the effort, and time, and kind patience. I have drawn heavily on all three since '07 and that will not likely change since, to the chagrin of my quietly tolerant wife, "A man's classic bike is never done."

Cheers, mates!

TC

Last edited:
Congrats TeeCat! That's the best winners speech yet! It was like you were up at the podium at an awards ceremony. :)

Back