April XSOTM Resto-mod nominations and discussion

Gary, are you nominating SCHMEEL's ride? If so, I second. If not, I first. :)

(Other contestants can nominate/second in the spirit of good clean fun, right?)

TC

You are good TeeCat. I suppose I have to recuse myself from nominating, seconding so I don't get accused of favoritism. And yes a contestant can nominate or second other entries, hard to see any self interest in that.

here it is if someone would like to second it

77' resto/mod STILL in progress. bike has 48,000+ miles on it. daily rider

so far i've done paint, chopped 2" of top of seat which will be replaced with the skateboard stlye, chromed the fork lowers, rechromed pipes, and valve covers, added floater brake rotor. has honda taillight currently( will be replaced with homemade hanging off side). want to add gold accents/scallops to the tins, change headlight, and turn signals. and probably lower it also

full

full

full

full

Gary, I don't see why we couldn't participate. Everyone gets one vote in the end.. :twocents: :)

Soooo I'd like to nominate Rick1450's bike he and his daughter built. The mirrors and seat qualify it as a resto-mod right? This is a tough category! :)

More on the bike here: http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15107

Attachments

• rick1450.jpg
    rick1450.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 412
More pics.

Attachments

• Pics. 3 008.jpg
    Pics. 3 008.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 379
  • Pics. 3 009.jpg
    Pics. 3 009.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 389
  • Ericka 044.jpg
    Ericka 044.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 385
Riding shots!

Attachments

• Ericka 059.jpg
    Ericka 059.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 384
  • Ericka 055.jpg
    Ericka 055.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 353
  • Ericka 022.jpg
    Ericka 022.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 371
We're moving along.
Schmeel needs to accept, BcThomas, TeeCat and Rick 1450 are accepted.
We need one more bike in here!

full

You can't nominate yourself, BUT you're encouraged to post your bike and description here for someone to else to nominate...

it has a pamco with green coil, xs pod filters, aftermarket bars. sprokets are 18 front and 31 rear. right now i'm running head pipes with 8" added to them.
complete restoration.
dont have to nominate it just give me some feed back..

Finally got some pictures with the good camera this morning. I'm still working on it slowly as my hand heals up.( see this link for the gory pic of my injury http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10383 ).

So far I've done:

2000 Zx6r front end swap with original xs front wheel adapted to fit. (haven't fitted the ducati rotors yet).

Rear sets.

Cheap dunstall mufflers.

Lots of wiring deletes.

Redwing rear shocks.

Mototlanna seat.

My goal is to have a lighter faster XS that stops and handles like a modern bike but still retains the essence of the original. I'm not married to anything I've done yet and always like to hear suggestions.

front3_4.jpg

editedsideview.jpg

editedrear3_4.jpg

rearview.jpg

That one (WacoBrian) should be in a month for "Stock Specials" :). There should be plenty of those for one month. I like having a bit of a "theme" each month. I see nothing wrong with folks posting their own bike-unless its been in a recent thread, a worthy bike may be overlooked. Let someone else nominate it then. SOmetimes you have to toot your own horn a bit. :D

John

I'm a new guy, but I have to second bcthomas. Everything about that picture is cool. From the paint on the floor to the paneling on the walls and the overflowing toolbox. Oh yeah, the bike is slick too! Is that an invisible front rotor?

Haha...thanks, I've got a pair of ducati rotors waiting but I need spacers.

No prob. I think that picture is great. I'm gonna use it for wallpaper on one of my computers. Is that your Ducati rotors on the shelf?

That other tank looks like it's off of a DT or something. Reminds me of my youth.

Back