Asian design.

toglhot

First class butcher.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Some observations.

Over the years Japanese and other Asian designed vehicles have given us some odd design features: Have you ever noticed if you stand in front of a lot of Asian built cars the headlights are slanted (eyes?), whereas most Western built vehicles have round headlights, curious!

I've also noticed that a lot of Asian vehicles have a smiling grill. I wonder if that is a design feature to make you happy about buying their vehicles.

Honda are renowned for their engineering and yet the designers opted for a chain primary drive rather than gear driven primaries as in Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha. I've owned a few Hondas and all had the same chain snatch noise. And that chain is a bugger to replace.

One thing I always hated about early Japanese bikes at the time, they all had back to front tanks. The odd look does grow on you after a while though - same as warts!

In the era of the super bike, all bikes came with tail lights the size of a bus.

Japanese chrome, guaranteed to rust overnight!

And then there is Japanese welders, I'm sure they are all blind!

Things have changed over the years, all for the better - except that stupid primary chain on Hondas!

Back