Ballistic vs Oddesey Battery? 3 dead now what!

doctavee

XS650 enthiusiest
Reaction score
Sacramento, Ca transplant from New Bedford, Ma
frustrated, after 2 years and 2 now 3 batteries. 2 bought from ebay and one through an actual dealer, i do not know what to do! bought the ballistic charger and all. all of these batteries are now junk by the companies standards! over 350 invested into this bullshitt! bought the last one through a dealer to get the warranty and installed the battery... ran great. let the bike sit a few days due to rain and now the battery is at 4 volts which is deemed dead. anyone ever use a small battery like these? im looking to switch to something reliable!

It seems like you might want to check out your electrical system and see if you have a drain on the system. Batteries shouldnt be going dead after siting for a few days. And since its happend with three batteries, you can rule out the batteries being the problem.

hi guys,,, ive had battery problems with acid filled batterys,,, but since i now only use a heavy duty fully sealed bond battery ,,,its the heavy duty listing for a 1980 gs1000e ... they hardly drop any at all i regurally put them on my trickle charger ....battery charger ... no more acid filled for me and these bonds batterys are not expensive regards oldbiker

I agree oldbiker.

I'm a big fan of the Absorbed Glass Mat spill proof type myself. Got 7 years on the original 20 AH in my Road Star, and 8 years out of the first 12 AH in my SV. No spills, no runs, no "mystery dead battery" mornings.

running a hhb pma and a boyer, bike ran fine for a few days and then suddenly i couldnt start due to battery being dead... same deal with a friend with his chopped xs650... now we are both screwed. i checked the battery on his bike with the ballistic battery special and his read that it had 2 dead cells and mine has 1. problem is that both our bikes ran fine for a few days and then suddenly dead cells in the batteries.... real frustrating!

Have you checked the voltage at battery at 3K rpms. Maybe you're overcharging and frying the batteries. Should be 14-14.5V

I'm in the same boat. Had a new ballistic battery sitting on the shelf for about a year. Last week j put it in a customers bike and it had plenty of power to start it. Couple days later and its dead, battery tender shows its coming to full charge but its not,won't even turn the engine over. Pissed and out the $$ cash on this one.

sent my battery with proof of purchase into ballistic, and it was returned back to me with a not saying that all it needed was a charge and is a still a good battery. i spent 80 bucks on their specific charger for nothing because they claim that when the battery drops under 8 volts its considered a dead battery. thing is, that the battery charger they sold me said that the battery had a bad cell! fuggit. bought a bat-pac and bike runs fine!

Back