BARBER !

motormike

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Ok kiddies..... anyone heading to Barber ? Myself and an old army buddy are get'n our act together. Prepping the trailer.... camp'n gear. Got our tickets and camp'n permits. I've done Barber about 4-5 times, and this is the 2nd time I've done it with the army buddy. He hopes to be on his 34' Moto Guzzi.... I'm not sure on what I'll trailer. I heard they added to the building and the swap meet has gone gonzo. 😎

Yup me JRP01 and Desmoman all going.
I'll have the XS1B not sure what the others will have
CafePhil's going too.

Last edited:
I will be there Thursday riding unless I can get my friends vendor space. Then I will bring the Strom.

It's on my list of must-do's... I qualified the last 3 years to race w/Ahrma at Barber...but I just can't find the time to drive across the country during this time of year (Work-wise it just too busy). Maybe next year. :)

I will be riding down. I will be with my friends at the end of vendor row D 2-3 spots from the end on the right. Look me up.
My smiling face
362C55CB-FEA3-4D6C-B9A0-C8CDFCF6730D.jpeg

Aaaaargh.... my buddy was going to take his 34' Moto Guzzi to Barber.. but we noted a noise and suspected.. a issue with the oil pump. So we removed it.. and crossed our fingers... not a lot of parts for these at the local Guzzi dealer. We used a cordless drill and spun the pump... barely pumped... Once apart... we felt hard metal in the pump bore.. there are two vanes that are pressed against the bore... these vanes use a spring between them..... The spring was broken... (top) we found one in our " jar O'springs " (bottom) on the top shelve at the shop. Put it back together... hooked up the cordless drill. Pumping like it did day one in 1934. If you see a desert tan baloney slicer with African plates... wave.... ! ( please use all five fingers ) 😎

Attachments

• Guzzi oil.jpg
    Guzzi oil.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 55
Back