Battery Box & Electrical Tray for Cafe Racer

bradfox125

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Howdy All,

I’m looking for a ideas on a new location for a Battery Box. I purchase a lithium ion battery so I’ve got space to playo with. I would like to leave as much open space as possible below the seat.

Also, any ideas on a good way to create a electrical tray under the seat?

Thanks,
Brad

On my tracker I used the original rubber battery box mounts to hold the gear tray under the seat.
DSCF0521 (800x600).jpg
DSCF0235 (800x600).jpg

Thanks for the positive comments.
I use a lead acid sealed battery, under the tail piece.
I am now reinstating the electric start and in the process of making a bolt in battery box.
Lithium batteries do not like most charging systems on old motorcycles.
Power dynamo and Electrex world aftermarket ignition and charging systems specifically say not to use lithium batteries with their products as well.

I am now reinstating the electric start and in the process of making a bolt in battery box.
Power dynamo and Electrex world aftermarket ignition and charging systems specifically say not to use lithium batteries with their products as well.
Thanks! Nicely done.

Signal,
Do you have any pictures of what it looks like from the side?

The box was TIG welded inside and out so that the box could be smoothed and polished. You need to drill a (stop hole) at the base of each joint before bending into shape. Since I built the box for the Scrambler pictured I`ve built boxes to use a Lithium Ion battery. Very compact.:thumbsup:
DSCN0803-001.JPGDSCN0816-001.JPGDSCN0840-001.JPGDSCN0109-001.JPGDSCN0111-001.JPGDSCN0112-001.JPGDSCN0118-001.JPGDSCN0119-001.JPGDSCN0123-001.JPGDSCN0124-001.JPGDSCN0126-001.JPGDSCN0145-001.JPGDSCN0148-001.JPGDSCN0151-001.JPGDSCN0185-001.JPGDSCN0188-001.JPG

Back