Beach cruiser build

No offense HM, but I think those pipes are too "slick" for the Beach Cruiser vibe - the current pipes are perfect. Damn nice pipes though.

I’ve yet to get any scrapes on my pipes but it’s only a matter of time. (Got lots of burn on brush though! Haha)

I think them being painted will make for easy tough up/ repairs in the future.

I’m sure I’ll drop this in a stream crossing a some point haha.

Salt water? I took my XS650 across Mobile Bay on a ferry. It got splashed a bit. By the time I made it back to Atlanta, the salt had made a mess of the aluminum.

Yup!

And I’ll confirm your statement that the salt water wrecks havoc. I’ve taken this down the beach a few times (wet sand) and it leaves a salt crust on everything!

That’s why I went with painted motor and wheels. Easily hose off and wipe dry when done.

It will get a little sketchy at the crossing. It will range from a couple inches deep to a few feet depending on tide and time of year.

Last edited:
I got a skid plate for it, just havnt put it on yet.
LOL! I was gonna suggest a small aluminum affair from the front motor mnt. down just past the cradle bend (not back to interfere with oil change) it surely would complete the look. I thought it too nibby to suggest it though.

MX-EVO-Desert-Sled (2).jpg

LOL! I was gonna suggest a small aluminum affair from the front motor mnt. down just past the cradle bend (not back to interfere with oil change) it surely would complete the look. I thought it too nibby to suggest it though.

View attachment 224825

Ha!

The one I have is almost identical to that. Made for a bonneville.

Somehow it got packed in a box when we had our house under construction and we’re living in our trailer. - still unpacking and sorting things out. Once I find it, I’ll mount it up.

In Britain, our main concern is to keep our bikes away from salt. Many people won't take a bike out at all as the cold weather approaches and the local roads start to get salted.

If we had salted roads around here I’d probably stay off em.

But a day at the beach! It’s worth the bit of clean up after.

I’m about 2 miles to the beach, it’s foggy here almost every day. No way to avoid the salt water in the air though.

Back