Beach cruiser build

Well it turns out I was mistaken about my pilot jet.

I thought I swapped it with a 35 but I still had in 30s.

Swapped it to a 35 and took it for a spin. Much better.

Air screw needs a tad adjustment that I’ll dial in tomorrow.

Took it for a ride and hit the dirt roads.

0A8C83E0-64DC-4C49-9FDA-A4060D35FCC2.jpeg

For anyone interested in how it sounds. Attached is a little video at idle, revving and once I got back in the sun to see the paint.

The crazy rattle when revving is the chains on the fence haha.

*just looked at the video, quality is pretty terrible actually haha. I’m not tech savvy so don’t know how to make it better quality. Sorry haha

Well it turns out I was mistaken about my pilot jet.

I thought I swapped it with a 35 but I still had in 30s.

Swapped it to a 35 and took it for a spin. Much better.

Air screw needs a tad adjustment that I’ll dial in tomorrow.

Took it for a ride and hit the dirt roads.

View attachment 221827

For anyone interested in how it sounds. Attached is a little video at idle, revving and once I got back in the sun to see the paint.

The crazy rattle when revving is the chains on the fence haha.

*just looked at the video, quality is pretty terrible actually haha. I’m not tech savvy so don’t know how to make it better quality. Sorry haha

Ooh that has a nasty snarl, and revs quick! I’ll bet that is very fun to ride! 😃

I’m gonna call this one “done”

Jetting settled at

195 main
6f9 needle
35 pilot
2.5 slide
159 p6 needle jet

1.5 turn out on the air screw
1 step down from the top on my needle.

Did about a hundred miles on it today (mostly dirt roads) and it never skipped a beat.

Only way 1 or 2 cars the whole ride.

8EC42C17-735F-409D-9D50-8F67F2771548.jpeg

3DB266FF-864A-4000-8B20-5D8202B45993.jpeg

1FAE3C06-4F7A-49E2-8C51-DA6AC938FEB4.jpeg

65033EBE-B363-4D2B-B70C-0D0D6412CA6C.jpeg

82479DCC-FC02-4A11-BEA1-4583F3454DF4.jpeg

C0EF0F42-7B7B-4B06-813C-2F5457D1D9B0.jpeg

3A2E23FA-137E-482C-BF15-72C079C10D03.jpeg

what a fantastic ride! I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this build as it shares a lot of similarities with my 77 project. What’s next on your project list? You’ve got this, the xs2, and your cb all about done. We need another project to follow you along with. I’ve really enjoyed all your build threads! WELL DONE SIR!

Thanks for the kind words guys!

As for what’s next - I got some surfboards that I need to build so bikes might be on hold for a bit.

I am also trying to get my work shop set up, hopefully by the end of the year. That will be a Big project. 30x30 with 12ft walls. I have a lot of work that I’ll be able to do in there, stuff that pays hahaha.

bad habit if mine, coming in on page one when there are 12 pages.

Last edited:
The bike looks great. The tank and choice of tires really compliment your build. The stance is perfect. :thumbsup: Now, If I could just sell you those high pipes of mine.:bike:
View attachment 224804

You really know how to temp me again! Haha.

Someone needs to buy them. After riding this for a few months, I definitely feel I’d destroy em.

No offense HM, but I think those pipes are too "slick" for the Beach Cruiser vibe - the current pipes are perfect. Damn nice pipes though.

Fully agree with above comments about perfect stance etcetera. With those tyres, the tank rack, the high level pipes, the sparse understated look, just a lovely motorbike.

Surprised you taking it on dirt roads though - you'll make it mucky.

I’m gonna call this one “done”

Jetting settled at

195 main
6f9 needle
35 pilot
2.5 slide
159 p6 needle jet

1.5 turn out on the air screw
1 step down from the top on my needle.

Did about a hundred miles on it today (mostly dirt roads) and it never skipped a beat.

Only way 1 or 2 cars the whole ride.

View attachment 224781

View attachment 224784

View attachment 224783

View attachment 224786

View attachment 224782

View attachment 224790

View attachment 224789
Great looking bike, WA! Stylistically, a home run in my book. The understated look stands out for me. Congratulations!

Fully agree with above comments about perfect stance etcetera. With those tyres, the tank rack, the high level pipes, the sparse understated look, just a lovely motorbike.

Surprised you taking it on dirt roads though - you'll make it mucky.

Hahah! - I was actually out looking for stream crossings but we have been so hot lately and without rain I couldn’t find any.

I got a skid plate for it, just havnt put it on yet.

In a few months we’ll see what this can do in some decent water crossings. I’m real interested to see how it goes through our water crossing at the beach. It can get 30-40 yards wide and a couple feet deep. It may be swept out to sea haha.

Back