Beach cruiser build

That looks great!!
When I redid my factory badges, I poured clear(ish) epoxy over 'em. You plan on going that route?

View attachment 202484
Thats a nice look
Do you suppose poly urethane would work instead of the epoxy :umm:

Last edited:
I'll have to try it on one thats in poor shape
might be a little to brittle though

lots of grades of poly resin (just like epoxy).

many grades of poly will work perfectly fine but some will require a surfacing agent to keep them from staying tacky. A casting resin would work quite easy. - I’d avoid poly marketed for auto body and boat building as most of it isn’t UV stable and will brown (just like epoxies that aren’t UV stable).

probably wouldn’t make a difference in the case of a badge but poly resins will polish out much nicer than epoxies.

Last edited:
Well I didn’t like the tank too much contrast. Looked like a big fish.

good thing about paint, just sand it off and redo.

I still want to add a little more dimension to the paint but I think I like the subtle contrast better. In the right light it looks pretty much black, change it up and the light areas get a silver grey.

I think it fits better.

who knows, maybe when I finally get it done it will be green and orange haha.

6EEFE16F-7409-45A3-AB3D-2B57A454546A.jpeg
C3E6F345-2988-49E7-979E-478B8C835BC1.jpeg
31A335B1-6125-4840-9FAC-51395BE9ECD5.jpeg
0D953C18-B70B-4E87-97FB-FE499D3E491E.jpeg
566B505E-C595-4FA1-9F44-4D3B02B21802.jpeg
4D4FDEFF-F20D-4FE9-A200-26790EA787FC.jpeg

Well I didn’t like the tank too much contrast. Looked like a big fish.

good thing about paint, just sand it off and redo.

I still want to add a little more dimension to the paint but I think I like the subtle contrast better. In the right light it looks pretty much black, change it up and the light areas get a silver grey.

I think it fits better.

who knows, maybe when I finally get it done it will be green and orange haha.

View attachment 203548 View attachment 203549 View attachment 203550 View attachment 203551 View attachment 203552 View attachment 203553
Tank paintwork looks superb. Classic chrome carrier sets it off beautifully.

So tank is finished and cleared as are the side panels. I havnt done a final sand or polish on any of it though. Still deciding if I like the panels or not.

I shot them a smidge lighter than the grey on the tank.

Mocked it all up and I don’t think I’m a fan of the tank badges. They aren’t finished (still pretty rough) but they just don’t seem to fit the feel. Thoughts??

I have some other ideas that I’ll work through and see if I like something better.

Just all mocked up to get a feel and see how it speaks. No afraid to change things up. Sometimes more eyes are good.

Now I gotta figure out what I’m gonna do with the exhaust…????

71206B53-5FD8-407B-83F0-B97313F07223.jpeg
23B9A68E-4158-4F9E-8342-636599D17CEE.jpeg
24B725F7-321B-465E-9509-9CB888464FE1.jpeg

I love the exhaust ! Hopefully you're able to post a video of it in the end so we can hear it - one where you walk around the idling bike would be fantastic. Not sure about the stylle of the Yamaha badging as you noted, BUT it's your bike and any one else's opinion means squat really. :cheers:

Mocked it all up and I don’t think I’m a fan of the tank badges. They aren’t finished (still pretty rough) but they just don’t seem to fit the feel. Thoughts??
Afraid I have to agree. On their own they looked fantastic. On the bike.... well they don't really seem to flow with the rest of it.

I love the exhaust ! Hopefully you're able to post a video of it in the end so we can hear it - one where you walk around the idling bike would be fantastic. Not sure about the stylle of the Yamaha badging as you noted, BUT it's your bike and any one else's opinion means squat really. :cheers:

Will definitely post some video once if all done.

Afraid I have to agree. On their own they looked fantastic. On the bike.... well they don't really seem to flow with the rest of it.

Yup…

No stock badges mount up but I got a few more ideas to try out. Just waiting for some stuff to arrive before I can start to work stuff out.

It ain’t the first time, and definitely not the last time, that one of my off the wall ideas didn’t work out. Got it out of my system though.

Are you thinking of changing the exhaust? If so please let me know. It’s exactly what Ive been looking for to go on my project and would be interested in buying if you go another route.

No I am not gonna change the exhaust, just gotta figure out how I wanna finish it.

It’s just rough now with some cheaper exhaust shields.

I got it from DogBunny. He had it made and didn’t end up using it. He may be able to get another made or supply the specs to get one made easily.

Back