Bearing/hub spacers, where can I find these?

Shenker

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Id rather not talk about my late night in the garage where I ruined some perfectly good, and seemingly non existent parts along with brand new bearings. Alas, damage is done. While pressing in new bearings into some freshly powdered mag/drum wheels, I managed to miss seeing the spacer slip sideways and its pretty mangled.

I'm looking for parts 6, 7, and 8 in this schematic.

From searching online, it looks like these parts are all unavailable.

What are my options here?
How crucial is #7, do I need that collar? I'm not sure I understand its purpose, and its in by far the worst shape of the 3.

'81 special for reference. Drum/Mag rear wheel.

Collar part #6 is available HERE Scroll down to the bottom of the page. 7 and 8 are 2 pieces but are basically one, if that makes sense Advretise for one or there may be someone with a lathe that makes them

Part #7 is not at all critical. All it does is help keep the spacer more or less centered until you insert the axle. You could make one out of almost anything, and it doesn't have to look pretty. I've heard reports of people just wrapping part #6 with a bunch of electrical tape.

May pay to rethink leaving out the collar. To me, (7), stops the the spacer from falling down flat. As DB says it keeps one end up it so the axle can be inserted

Back