Bearing spacers

Welcome aboard---You can try placing a post in the classified section and you may get lucky. Lots have been thrown out with the bearing.....

tim

I took it for granted he is looking for the #6 & #7 combo but perhaps Not.....

tim

Welcome aboard---You can try placing a post in the classified section and you may get lucky. Lots have been thrown out with the bearing.....

tim
That's what happened to mine. I share a garage space and I think they got tossed by mistake, but now I'm stuck until I can find them.

Try putting a Wanted ad here in the classies?
Click on the Forums button top of the page. Scroll down to Classified button.

Try putting a Wanted ad here in the classies?
Click on the Forums button top of the page. Scroll down to Classified button.
Thanks, I just posted a wanted. But if you know anyone that is changing out their rear bearings and wouldn't mind taking a few measurements before they put it back together, I'd really appreciate it.

Hey spooky
adding a similar thread link
https://www.xs650.com/threads/rear-drum-hub-inside-spacer-or-dimensions.24850/
@5twins can you post a link?
To be clear spook is looking for the big long internal collar spacer, not the typically thrown out hat spacer that sits inside the left hand bearing.
There is a dimension here from @GLJ from a 72 drum
upload_2020-4-27_14-13-6-png.165407

That spacer is used for all years of DRUM rear wheels
90560-20135-00 SPACER Not Available fits the following models and components:

Yamaha Motorcycle 1972 XS2 REAR WHEEL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1980 XS650G REAR WHEEL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1981 XS650H REAR WHEEL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1979 XS650_2F REAR WHEEL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1973 TX650 REAR WHEEL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1982 XV920RJ REAR WHEEL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1974 TX750A REAR WHEEL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1973 TX750 REAR WHEEL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1971 XS1B REAR WHEEL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1970 XS1 REAR WHEEL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1982 XS650SJ REAR WHEEL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1983 XS650SK REAR WHEEL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1981 XV920RH REAR WHEEL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1981 XS650SH REAR WHEEL

Yamaha Motorcycle 1975 XS650B REAR WHEEL TX650A - XS650B - C

Yamaha Motorcycle 1974 TX650A REAR WHEEL TX650A - XS650B - C

Yamaha Motorcycle 1977 XS650D REAR WHEEL XS650D E E006501- F

Last edited:
That spacer is used for all years of DRUM rear wheels
90560-20135-00 SPACER Not Available fits the following models and components:
I thought noticed something that says it also goes in an '81 Virago. There may be lots of bikes that have it. XSLeo posted a site that you could enter a part number in and get out a list of bikes, but I can't find it

I thought noticed something that says it also goes in an '81 Virago. There may be lots of bikes that have it. XSLeo posted a site that you could enter a part number in and get out a list of bikes, but I can't find it
I suspect that may be a misprint?? cuz if it fits one year of Virago it should fit many and 81? Virago seems pretty early for a virago.
Most of the parts sellers link to the will fit list when you click on the part number. That list above came from Partzilla.
Dogbunny spoke of a different trick in 2013, I don't know if it still exists...;
The nation-wide search is the cool part. The big Yamaha dealers have a program called Lightspeed or Light Speed. So, call a big dealer, and tell them that you want them to do a Lightspeed search for a part number that you have and need. If you can't find a dealer who uses Lightspeed, PM me. The dealer will instantly pull up the locations and phone numbers of any dealer in the Lightspeed system who has your part. Just get a couple numbers for the closest dealers with the part, then call them, and you are set. You may have to find two separate dealers for the two different parts that you need, so with shipping, it may be expensive.

I know this is an old thread, but I didn’t think the forum needs yet another rear wheel bearing spacer thread, so I figured I’d ask here. Someone put my rear wheel together without the top hat collar in the left side bearing. I searched and found the source for replacing that, but in doing so I also found posts with the dimensions of the internal spacer, the long tubular one. They do not match what came out of mine. 78 XS650, rear disc brake.

Here is what came out of mine. My spacer is roughly 58 mm long, not the 100mm or 84mm that I have seen posted for this part. Is this wrong, or am I missing something?

Attachments

• F16EE2FD-21A6-4A4F-8DA7-9C7CD99E5BE7.jpeg
    F16EE2FD-21A6-4A4F-8DA7-9C7CD99E5BE7.jpeg
    673.1 KB · Views: 76
I know this is an old thread, but I didn’t think the forum needs yet another rear wheel bearing spacer thread, so I figured I’d ask here. Someone put my rear wheel together without the top hat collar in the left side bearing. I searched and found the source for replacing that, but in doing so I also found posts with the dimensions of the internal spacer, the long tubular one. They do not match what came out of mine. 78 XS650, rear disc brake.

Here is what came out of mine. My spacer is roughly 58 mm long, not the 100mm or 84mm that I have seen posted for this part. Is this wrong, or am I missing something?
Your picture doesn't make sense, you measured wrong, or something else.

F16EE2FD-21A6-4A4F-8DA7-9C7CD99E5BE7 (1).jpeg
Directly below the long bearing spacer you show the left-side axle spacer with the pressed on dust cover, which looks silvery in your pic. That spacer and cover is the same for all years, and the outside diameter of the dust cover is 60mm. There is no way in the world that the long bearing spacer is 58 mm long, which would make it shorter than the spacer and dust cover below it in your pic.
The disc wheel inside bearing spacer is 98mm long, not 100mm. Re-measure yours. Post a pic with it alongside a metric ruler.

Your picture doesn't make sense, you measured wrong, or something else.

View attachment 221874
Directly below the long bearing spacer you show the left-side axle spacer with the pressed on dust cover, which looks silvery in your pic. That spacer and cover is the same for all years, and the outside diameter of the dust cover is 60mm. There is no way in the world that the long bearing spacer is 58 mm long, which would make it shorter than the spacer and dust cover below it in your pic.
The disc wheel inside bearing spacer is 98mm long, not 100mm. Re-measure yours. Post a pic with it alongside a metric ruler.
Haha. I’m an idiot. You’re right. My metric caliper battery is dead so I googled the conversion of 3.8 inch to mm. I knew it didn’t seem right so I even looked it up twice!

In the interests of science, I would be very interested to know what yours actually measures, 98 or 100mm.

Back