Feedback for beatnik2138

nwwa

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'm posting this in response to an unfortunate experience I had with user beatnik2138.

He responded to my CL ad for a parts lot I also have listed here, wasted my time, reneged on the deal we had agreed to, low balled me, and then posted about it with incomplete details here:

http://www.xs650.com/threads/engine-and-parts-interchangeability.41569/page-2

To which I responded:

"I told you to take care due to the fact that we had agreed upon a price of $500, which was the # you provided when I asked what your best offer was, which you replied "$500-800" on Monday, 2/13/17

Despite only being 45min-hour away, you had told me the soonest you could possibly be here was this Sunday, 2/19/17.

You've wasted a substantial amount of my time over the past week with supremely juvenile, ignorant, and redundant questions. Additionally, I provided a litany of extra photos you requested on several occasions.

Now, Friday afternoon, 2/17/17, you text and renege on the deal we had agreed to, low balling me with an offer of 40% of our agreed upon price, 36 hours before you were scheduled to arrive on Sunday, 2/17/17.

I don't do business with, or have any use for, people who squander my time, don't keep their word, and insult me with low ball and ignorant offers.

The entirety of the parts are clearly pictured and listed here: http://www.xs650.com/threads/engine...ases-cylinders-heads-transmissions-etc.47944/

4x 447 matched heads/valve covers/cases/cylinders, 1 set of which is fully machined/sleeved/bored for an 83mm big bore.
1x transmission
1x kickstart assembly

All very easily worth $500 here in the Pacific Northwest on the eve of riding weather with the sun shining and the temps breaching 60 degrees for the first time yesterday. The machining costs alone for the 83mm set up would approach $500.

Beatnik2138 was after a singular cylinder head/valve cover and could've parted out/eBayed the remaining parts he didn't need, more than recouping his $$$.

This post is intended to those reading as a warning that beatnik2138 doesn't have any idea what he's talking about, doesn't keep his word, will happily renege on agreed upon deals, and should be avoided.

As I stated above, I don't associate with, nor do business with, such people. Conduct business with him at you're own risk, I would not recommend it."

I hope this posting assists anyone considering doing business with: beatnik2138

Back