BEFORE and AFTER

Wow - what a great thread!

So many fascinating tales of people’s visions being realized and the triumph of elbow grease (and yes, a bit of money) over time, decay and the utter lack of common sense and taste of previous owners.

Good for us!

I like this thread... some magnificent bikes, I think I like them all...

Mm8i6KgCM6g0c6Fgb51d9RIEcV1cugegfMsxS-IK_JV6O4639meNhlXB-18YcTNiTZVJkhNYLpdTGgUCs9sG8HGnMTx8m7M-Ek6-z6Grkd8usOLhKbfM-TVYn2gbH40xP3Jwk628ZxGWk6sAPrBD9mZ5_mxYjcKSgCvy9987qazUDJs7PfOeAECSk6ZFBOAGT-YTpxCiDgUfSkQwmuZhjp8VDuniM54erR4BQGdsumLYtZEoSTNWslzWfGEfOo_U7WmaNd1WJrI9x91vqXyN42X_C_Z9zXAXaCWIPeOvZwi09JbW1Ianzo7t8_7kRUEVdp4maWqIR-rd6nAIYEBMJb3tfb6NIWzcqrcqspWJKOV0a8XWjpMeKwRteamMWZBbWL0kV7HgLZiS9mxmiL6ainjrHzbEHuPB2PKg0IGgrxEdODXRn9WmYhsdVAgfElhpAuIJ4bGrokQrng8TCgiD1JAJnF9nH6EUjtuF_8X_FPfxdlPD-Xl6TaYObbEx-ugNVErov88IxY2oaFmVnDHuKROu96FPNjrc0TwenGs1e9lo0nPMaeqZ3W5Hwvf1eN3gPFMEApPBVromLb5I5BSzD-c3wua47GnkKK1Ean9Kn-oWLBHjd-pf3hEq3JCISFh_L3oc60si2oNAENI5aXYhxX_p2BPO4-jeInmNMJxeJpFfWGaG5YNoXpnB-z6edPv3dfZvVUvt_h8FsWPmCo7lXXyb=w1542-h867-no

Do you have a build thread on this bike @Oddjob ? Would love to know more about that battery box and pipes! Killer bike.

Raymond,
Well done! Bravo! You knocked that bike together in record time! And the results are stunning! I hope you get years of enjoyment from it. I hope we see lots of posts from you , riding around in your beautiful countryside. Now about getting a photo of your bike in front of a castle...........:geek:

Thank you, Bob! Have not forgotten, you will get that castle! But still a few issues - take a look at the build thread . . .

Ah, there is your sweet Porsche 944 !
Still can't quite believe that you sold it.
Maybe someday you'll get another one.............
Or maybe I'll get one first..:)
I can't believe it either some days when I look outside and see it gone. :umm:

I can hardly believe I am saying this but I really have moved on from these 155mph classic cars...... I mostly just enjoy pootling into Town and back in the wifes Ford Focus these days.:)
I can't wait until some of the new electric Town/urban cars come through in more affordable prices. I have even thought of building one myself like this Mercedes Smart Roadster Coupe built by a Brit in his shed :)

image.jpeg

After sorting my first xssk out to where it would ride dependably (and getting quite the education!) my mentor/buddy sez "I've got another for ya." So a trip to South Jersey got me this toilet. 7k on the clock but it had spent twenty some years under a leaky Pennsy shed.

image.jpeg

This pic was taken with a potato but the bike isn't finished and subject to whim changes. Currently waiting for some header kickups to angle the muffs......pic subject to change......

Jim has a thread on his restoration and posted a contrast of when he bought the bike and then the finished product.
I thought this would be a great name for a thread. EDIT: since most forum members have before and after pics, how about limiting one before and one after?
Here's one of mine.

1980 XS650SG
BEFORE: View attachment 145094

AFTER: View attachment 145096

Mr B,

I personally prefer before.

I know different strokes....yadda...yadda

GeeDub

Back