Big Bore Big Block Kit i just found on a new source!

They really need a dang search function haha.

at least if you are using an iphone it’s one archaic lookin website... but hey maybe that’s what’s keepin cost down haha.

but really, a search function would sure make navigation much easier.

On their site with my puter they do have search
upload_2021-2-18_18-21-42.png

clicking on the magnifying glass opens it.

Yeah I figured they have one on the desktop version but mobile versions of webpages are often overlooked.

I don’t think I’ve sat down at a computer to visit a website in about 10 years.

I’d bet most people under 35 are in the same boat.

In your browser url field type site:yamahaxs650.com piston rings
that's if you use google search, all search engines use similar methods to search only in one site.
But I'm old what do I know? :cool:

I noticed the site does not show how many BBK are in stock. The last number I saw was 12. I guess they made some changes.

I ordered one of the 750 kits tonight (I tried REALLY hard but I just couldn’t resist) plus a few other things I needed. Dad always talked about doing this “someday” to his XS and never did so it’s only fitting “Dad’s bike” gets the upgrade he never got around to.

Of course I had to let Gary know I need one of his 8 plate clutches to go with it!

The upgrades may have to wait a bit as I just pulled the 74 “Parts bike” into the basement a couple weeks ago.

First step on that one was to pump the brake caliper pistons out with a grease gun! Second step was making new brake pistons from 316 stainless. First time I’ve tried machining that material on the lathe and it was a learning experience. I need to start a thread on that bike.

I don't recall anyone saying anything about the honing of the cylinder liners. Without taking the plastic wrap off my cylinder because I don't know when I'll use it, it looks like a very fine crosshatch, if any on the liners. Is this correct and they need additional honing?
Thanks....

I don't recall anyone saying anything about the honing of the cylinder liners. Without taking the plastic wrap off my cylinder because I don't know when I'll use it, it looks like a very fine crosshatch, if any on the liners. Is this correct and they need additional honing?
Thanks....
Mine came honed to final finish... ready to install.

Thanks Jim, I guess I'm just use to seeing a definite cross hatch. Almost 45 degree angles.

OMG!! I was ready to order the bbk and they're out of stock.

Hopefully they will get more in. Anybody got an extra to sell,,,lol.

Back