Sold / Found / Inactive - Big bore kit

Infantilebehavior

InfantileBehavior
Reaction score
750cc big bore cylinder kit from xs performance.
Bought here on forum few months back, not going to end up using it. Everything still new in box. Pistons, gaskets, full kit...
20210727_125007.jpg
20210727_125131.jpg

Last edited:
Can you post a pic of the cooling fins ?
Is this kit similar to the recent XS650 kits which have larger fins and look so attractive?
Thanks, -R

I did just finaly opened box and checked the holes. They r at 10mm. So that makes this nice kit not from xsperformance like previous seller had said. Unless they r also having the same quality issues I haven't heard about yet.
Price remains same. If someone's interested and lets me know by tomorrow I can prob drill holes out for them. After tomorow Ill b on vacation...

Well for anyone that was interested. This is no longer for sale. I should have opened box and checked all contents when I bought it and before I posted this I guess. Found some other issues, other then it not being from xs performance.
Sorry guys

out of curiosity , can you say what the other issues were , alss any clues on where it came from .. mikes... heidens... ali exspress (lol) .. etc

I assume it came from yamahaxs650.com cause of the undersize holes. Big thread about it here.
Basically I never opened the box when I bought/recieved it(pics were from previous seller) Just opened it for first time earlier today to check the hole dimensions. And I had only poked my mics thru the plastic. This afternoon I actual pulled it out of the box to see about drilling it and there's damage in multiple places. Live and learn.

It isnt anything u guys should b worried about I would hope! No other problems from suppliers.
Damage is from someone mishandling and/or dropping it(more then once). Then just putting parts back in box and selling it.
I threw it on the mill. Spent couple hours reaming it out and straightening everything. Was super soft material. No wonder it was so mangled.

Basically 3 of the fins were bent, 2 of them almost to the point of touching other fins. When I set it on my perfectly flat milling table it rocked back n forth. That's when I also noticed one of the lower cylinders was also smacked. Little soft loving with a milling vice, flycutter and a reamer and it's back to being straightish.
It's now got a cracked fin and a slight oval bore in bottom of a cylinder. So I'm just going to keep it around in the parts pile for now.

I assume it came from yamahaxs650.com cause of the undersize holes. Big thread about it here.
Basically I never opened the box when I bought/recieved it(pics were from previous seller) Just opened it for first time earlier today to check the hole dimensions. And I had only poked my mics thru the plastic. This afternoon I actual pulled it out of the box to see about drilling it and there's damage in multiple places. Live and learn.
Messaging you now

Back