Bike runs fine on center stand but dies on side stand

if I hold the throttle a bit it will stay on and bounce off 2 grand rpm but as soon as more fuel or less is introduced it dies.

t it’s still doing that same ping just off of 2k
Some houskeeping first: did you install the Dynotune needles that came with the kit and clip in the middle? What do you mean by better vacuum?

So ~2000rpm coincides with the ignition switching between the two pick-up coils for higher rpm (Advance). Ya might want to check the pick-up harness connector and see if ya get ~700 Ohms resistance between W/R & W/Bk, W/G & W/Bk before more carb chasing....

New info. Carbs all synced and idles great but when it gets going it hits off 3000rpms. Did a little testing and it breaks past that mark with the throttle pinned

New info. Carbs all synced and idles great but when it gets going it hits off 3000rpms. Did a little testing and it breaks past that mark with the throttle pinned
So does it have a miss above 3000 or won't rev past 3000? Does it clear-out at full throttle and rev to 6-7000 ?
And do you have a timing light?

So some might say the 145 is too rich (maybe a little) but if you installed the Dynotune needle it's leaner than stock to compensate for the big main

L to R Dynotune, stock, 51X11 needles
1686449179336.jpeg

Won’t rev past 3000 and then with full throttle kicks past and hits around 4500 and can keep going as normal. I installed the needle you have on the left. Do not have a timing light.

You've got a head scratcher going there for sure.......

Next, I would be examining the slides: first I'd like to observe exactly what they were doing, during these episodes, by removing the pods or velocity stacks and watching them (might verify the stacks/pods aren't blocking air ports in the bell too). The slides should work smoothly and move with rpm. Then the next step would be to "bench test" the slide operation:

• manually raise a slide with finger and block the oval port in the bell with your thumb. It should take ~14sec for the slide to fully drop
  • gently blow air across that oval port and observe the slide operation, looking for smooth and complete action (can of air or compressor)

The scenario Jim described is a real possibility.......to diagnose it, you need a known-good replacement box or the timing light I asked about

the right carb holds up for about 13 almost 14 seconds. Left one not so much. Drops in just one second. Gonna take it off and inspect for any rips or tears. Upon throttle the right chatters up and down a little bit but not much and the left one doesn’t move at all

Back