Bistella 500 Radial

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Ran into an image of this the other day
Bistella Radial 500 2.jpg

Do a search for some interesting reading/dreaming!
Quite the techno marvel.

Ran into an image of this the other day
View attachment 201247
Do a search for some interesting reading/dreaming!
Quite the techno marvel.

Hi Gary,
I once read of an aircraft designer who had a big sign in his office that said:- "Simplificate and add lightness"
I once owned a Montgomery motorcycle that only had seven moving parts in it's JAP* engine.
I reckon that a true techno marvel would use the least number of parts to do the job, not the most and
that the twin twirlmaster's designer won't find financial backing to go into production.
*J.A.Prestwich Engineering Co.

I love alternative engines. I have owned a few ‘Wankel’ Mazda motors over the years. Last one an RX8; in which I burnt a Ferrari 360 down a twisty few miles. He should have toasted me so must have been a sh*t driver, all show no go!

Suzuki RE-5 was a wankel rotary powered motorcycle. I've kind of looked for one over the years. Would be fun to tinker with.

1 Cylinder wankel would be 2 moving parts if I'm not forgetting some kind of balance mechanism. Would be fun, except the constant need to replace apex seals.
Not entirely gone, but largely a thing of the past, now. Seals have come on a long way since the bad old days of them.

Back