Bitsa-bike question

willis

xsive compulsive disorder
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I have been pondering for a while now about utilizing all my leftover / extra parts to put together a Bitsa-bike project for this winter. I have most of the major components on hand in storage, other than a frame. I have an opportunity on hand to acquire a 72 rolling chassis at a reasonable price. My question here, what obstacles am I looking at for mating a 447 motor and components to a 256 frame. I know there are some one year only early stuff but am not up to speed on what I’m up against. For reference, most of my spare parts are from 74/75 bikes. The theme I’d be going after would be just a very simplified cut-down stock-ish looking bike. I know for side covers, I’d likely need to utilize 70-74 units, right? Also the 72 forks/wheel were a 1 year only setup, which would come with the purchase, but would prevent me from using my nice wheel off my 75, right? Any insight is appreciated.

what obstacles am I looking at for mating a 447 motor and components to a 256 frame.
As far as I know you will need to use a 73 or older head steady, motor mount plates and lower bolts.

Also the 72 forks/wheel were a 1 year only setup, which would come with the purchase, but would prevent me from using my nice wheel off my 75, right?
You could use the rim but not spool. Or you could use the complete forks and front wheel from a 74,75 or 76.
I don't know if you can use the 75 tree. Their could be some clearance issues with the tank. I'm sure it's possible just not sure what all would be involved.

:twocents:
can of worms.jpg

You will wish you kept looking for a 447 chassis. :sneaky:

Last edited:
Back