Bought a XS650 Semi sight unseen

I managed to put almost exactly 650km on it before I parked it to go back to coquitlam. It runs like new other than the sissy bar buzz that sounds just like lose rockers and drives me insane even though I know it's not the rockers. Some sounds once you think it's one thing it just stays in your head.

Attachments

• 20220601_165221.jpg
    20220601_165221.jpg
    741.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 20220607_190427.jpg
    20220607_190427.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 92
Hey I saw a post saying you guys have a thread on different sounds and what they mean. My bike runs excellent, but is making some noises I'm not comfortable with. I'm mainly worried about the cam chain tensioner and theres another rare one I'm thinking is the fork for the second gear letting the dogs slap the gear while in 6th. I say 2nd gear fork as the bike pops out of 2nd occasionally

I say 2nd gear fork as the bike pops out of 2nd occasionally
There's an adjustment of the star wheel inside the RH cover that may help with second gear.
This thread by your neighbor Bosco might help.
https://www.xs650.com/threads/inconsistent-shifting.61420

Video of the motor running?
We mostly agree that setting the cam adjuster at idle so the push rod moves in and out about 1mm is ideal.
this can be done easily with the spark plugs out (ground them), and the electric starter.

Al the engine noises are gone it turns out it just needed a good hard run to smooth it all out. I was really pissed about something and ran the shit out of it for 100km and since then its running excellent got over 1800km on it now. It even starts easier the starter gear dont sound like hell and it's not popping at low throttle unless the choke is on.

Back