Brake Caliper Frozen and more

I dunno, I kinda like the thrill of anticipating the “pop” When using air and I’ve gotten some pretty gnarly calipers freed up.

Late to this thread but now at a point of rebuilding my front caliper. Before stuck piston removal with air or grease from gun, is it safe to assume others where trying with the caliper plier removal tool? I thought with rusty piston, if piston was sprayed with penetrating oil and this plier is used the side-to-side twisting may free the piston in its bore.

Also can anyone provide a part number and source for Ferodo Platinum organic breath pads for an XS-2 (‘72) model?

if piston was sprayed with penetrating oil and this plier is used the side-to-side twisting may free the piston in its bore.
That probably won’t work without scoring the piston with plier marks IF you can even get it to move. Air has always worked for me and has been relatively easy.

Let it soak in PB Blaster or transmission fluid mixed with mineral spirits overnight. Use compressed air with a wooden block to act as a stopper. I've done this hundreds of times, never a problem. I would use grease method as a last resort...not interested in cleaning that out.

Back