BRAVE: Yet Another Web Browser

Just found a broke image and opened the same in Firefox (got rid of Chrome so couldn't check). Showed broke in Firefox too. I suspect it's just this website. Been noticing it a bit more these last few months.

Brave shows the "img-url" symbol....

zz.png

...and Firefox just says

zzz.png

either way, I think it's this site. Definitely nothing on your end.... same same in KC

Last edited:
Unbelievable!
Just loaded a couple of my other forums, got a BRAVE privacy report.

Screenshot_20211219-181810_Brave.jpg

There's a thread on the VOG forum that was absolutely littered with annoying pop-ups and image-blocking ads. Totally clear now. Try it, you'll like it.

*Warning* - There's over 37,000 posts here, may take a few days off your life, but worth it.

https://www.thevog.net/threads/this-will-make-you-laugh.62107/

Letting the people that own Firefox compare it to another browser is like letting your wife decide who's right when you have an argument.... or letting the cop who wrote it, adjudicate your speeding ticket... or... :laugh2:
I periodically open Firefox and let it update itself just to see what's changed. It still burns up twice the memory and runs at half the speed of Brave.
Brave allows me to have multiple tabs open with music or a video playing in the background, on an ancient computer... saving me the cost of a new one. Firefox faint's dead away when I try that. There's my unvarnished comparison.
Like @DogBunny , I was one of the first Firefox users.... V-1. Loved it. I didn't come by my comparison lightly.

Ok, 1st glitch.
Uploading pics on my tablet.
My usual method, fail.
Got a workaround, but need to fix this...

With Brave, any image you save from the internet, loads itself across the bottom of the browser.

All I need to do is grab it and drag it to this comment....

za.png

Yeah, but grab/drag/drop is a windoze/mouse thing.
This is an Android touch-screen tablet, different animal.

Think I've narrowed it down to the interaction between my file mangler and Brave.
Workin' on it...

These are the spec's that I have on my Brave home page as of this morning and only started using it a couple months ago when Jim mentioned it. I also do use Chrome at times.

• 59,432 Trackers & ads blocked
  • 3.46GB Bandwidth saved
  • 50minutes Time saved

Welp, found another glitch.

Copy/paste in the forum's reply box.

Say you want to edit/change several "ATTACH" bb-codes to "ATTACH=FULL".

Select and copy "ATTACH=FULL"
Then select some "ATTACH"
Hit "paste", which normally replaces the selected text.

Instead, it deletes the selection, and a couple characters before it.

Edit: Only happens when between the "[" and "]" characters.

Still playin'...

Back