Brembo Bracket

Peyote

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm wanting to convert my XS2 with 34mm forks to the 65mm brembo system . My question is Does anyone know where to get the bracket and spacer for forward facing right side calipers on a 34mm stanchions? I've seen a few for the 35mm back of forks but not the sort I need. Even better does anyone have some drawings/dimensions for the bracket and spacer for me to fabricate myself. Thanks in advance

Hi, I'm wanting to convert my XS2 with 34mm forks to the 65mm brembo system . My question is Does anyone know where to get the bracket and spacer for forward facing right side calipers on a 34mm stanchions? I've seen a few for the 35mm back of forks but not the sort I need. Even better does anyone have some drawings/dimensions for the bracket and spacer for me to fabricate myself. Thanks in advance
Do you have that weird, stock XS2 disc hub? Or a later hub with a 6 bolt flange?
If you have a later hub, I would look for a fork or fork parts from a 76. They have the calipers behind the fork sliders.
I do have an RD350, with similar caliper mounting as the XS2. I honestly think a 4 pot caliper on an adapter bracket in front of the slider would look weird.
As I believe the earlier calipers are far superior to the later (77 onwards) single piston calipers, I think you should get a very noticeable improvement by using a 12 or 13 mm master cylinder and a braided teflon brake hose. I use 13 mm Brembo master cylinders on both my RD350 and my 77 XS650.
Other forum members have had great results using 12-13mm master cylinders from other Yamaha models. These will allow use of oem Yamaha mirrors.

Do you have that weird, stock XS2 disc hub? Or a later hub with a 6 bolt flange?
If you have a later hub, I would look for a fork or fork parts from a 76. They have the calipers behind the fork sliders.
I do have an RD350, with similar caliper mounting as the XS2. I honestly think a 4 pot caliper on an adapter bracket in front of the slider would look weird.
As I believe the earlier calipers are far superior to the later (77 onwards) single piston calipers, I think you should get a very noticeable improvement by using a 12 or 13 mm master cylinder and a braided teflon brake hose. I use 13 mm Brembo master cylinders on both my RD350 and my 77 XS650.
Other forum members have had great results using 12-13mm master cylinders from other Yamaha models. These will allow use of oem Yamaha mirrors.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I've already made up a bracket now with the 34mm front caliper . I've put a 13mm Honda mastercylinder on and all seems to work great. I managed to pick up a set of later forks also, so may change again later! As you can see the bracket still needs tidying up and will end up being black. Thanks for information

Attachments

• IMG_20220901_170441972.jpg
    IMG_20220901_170441972.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 79
Back